Bypass Web Filter

irefay

"Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP filter. Contact your ISA Server administrator. (12217)"

I am staying at a hotel and I would like to be able to download .rar files but unfortunatly the hotel has a http filter. I can download just about anything except .rar files.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 7
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you downloading them? I usually change the extension by "save target as..." to any format.. .mp3, .avi. And then convert it when I've downloaded it.

Another way would be to go on any chat messenger and tell them to change the extension and send it over.

Thats all I can think of :]

I use IDM. I dont know the posters and some of the posts are older so they may or may not be checked regularily. Changing the format wont work because that only changes it on my side, I need it changed or masked at the hotel's ISP level.

Thanks though

I use IDM. I dont know the posters and some of the posts are older so they may or may not be checked regularily. Changing the format wont work because that only changes it on my side, I need it changed or masked at the hotel's ISP level.

Thanks though

Ask someone else to download it for you and send it to you(by mail/messenger). You won't be able to really by-pass it. The only way that would be possible was when you're Internet Browser was blocking but the message says somthing about a server so i don't think that'll do.

Edit: Dock98 posted this already:

Welcome to roxyp.info! Never let your teachers, boss, or principal control your web browsing again! To bypass web filters, all you have to is type the URL of the website you want to unblock and hit ENTER! Protect your anonymity and remain safe with this site. Why wait any longer? Start unblocking sites now! Remember to bookmark us and to tell your friends.

http://www.roxyp.info/

Try that (insert the complete download url, like http://www............com/......./.........rar).

I tried going though rapidshares encrypted portal by adding https://ssl.rapidshare as opposed to http://rapidshare

No go. Unless the user selects the files as an ssl transferred file it defaults to an unencrypted line as soon as the download begins.

I think the Privoxy proxies are down. I keep getting 404s

I can browse anonymously (using roxyp or other services) but after I sign in to my premium account and then try to download the file (even by pasting the link directly) it just reloads the page. I get the same result when I try and use a free account.

Here is an excerpt the email I got in response to my request for rar to be taken off the filter list.

The current file types that are blocked by the HTTP filter are (.par .par2 .nzb .tar .rar .r* .mp3 .gz & .torrent), as they are always used for illegal file sharing. Please note that .exe & .zip files are not blocked. Also note that news groups of all kinds are blocked, due to the fact that they are used primarily for file sharing of illegal (copyrighted) material. Applications used for peer-to-peer file sharing are not allowed, as they can be and often are used for illegal file sharing, which is of course, frowned upon by the federal authorities. Many games and novelty VOIP services similar to Ventrillo, SKYPE & Team Speak are also blocked because they allow viruses, worms and data miners to propagate quickly.

File-sharing software can (and in most cases WILL) turn a computer into a file server, illegally transmitting copyrighted programs to others. The Federal Government has deemed this to be illegal & A FEDERAL OFFENSE. Because we cannot control what software the guest in lodging elect to install, we have to close all but the absolute necessary ports required for web browsing, email & VPN. When illegal activity has been identified and tracked, An ISP serving a commercial environment has no choice but to turn over any and all information they have on a user to authorities. By Federal law (Privacy Act of 1974), this simply cannot be done with federal employees or their families on a federal installation.

The only recourse obviously, is to block programs that could result in the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) having a reason to make such a request in the first place. Refusing to provide such information to authorities would result in a forced shutdown of the network, completely disrupting all service.

Lol. They are probably reading this post also... but the funny thing is- they cant do shit to stop me from using an unsecured wireless network. If I have to I will end up just going to another hotel when I need to download a rar file.

Archived