Nokia Software Updater problem

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doing? I've got a problem with a programme. I was updating NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER (aka NSU) when light went off. After it come back, I've powered my computer and the programme didn't run. So I've run the installer again and it told me there was something wrong with the installer, so I've downloaded the installer again and the same problem. I did uninstall NSU, clean and restart computer and now it says me a newer version is already installed. Any solution?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, guys! How you doing? I've got a problem with a programme. I was updating NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER (aka NSU) when light went off. After it come back, I've powered my computer and the programme didn't run. So I've run the installer again and it told me there was something wrong with the installer, so I've downloaded the installer again and the same problem. I did uninstall NSU, clean and restart computer and now it says me a newer version is already installed. Any solution?

Try running the registry cleaner of CCleaner. If that doesn't work manually delete all folders and registry entries pertaining to Nokia/NSU and try again. Make sure you have hidden files and folders showing when you search for items to manually delete.

RegVac is pretty good software, I'd never use ccleaner to clean a registry. Been there killed a pc. :o

Nowdays I use MV Reg Clean, fantastic prog.

Renamed. From the Forum Rules:

Staff Note: Members are asked to use an appropriate and descriptive title when posting a new topic. Bad titles may include 'Help Needed' & 'I'm stuck'. Good titles may include 'Windows Error: Missing nsane.dll' & 'Winamp 7.01 Released'.

RegVAC just have cleaned more than 2000 entries on registry :omg:

But I'm not able to instal NSU :(

RegVac is pretty good software, I'd never use ccleaner to clean a registry. Been there killed a pc. :o

Nowdays I use MV Reg Clean, fantastic prog.

Really? I've been using CCleaner for years and have not had a single issue. I've tried several others that HAVE caused an awful lot of problems though. I think we have all learned by now that there is a "backup changes" option on these things for a reason. :P

@OP. Try running regedit and searching for nokia. Delete any results it finds. Also make sure explorer is set to show hidden files and os files, do a file/folder search for nokia and delete all results. Reboot, re-download NSU 3.0.495 and try installing again.

Archived