My computer's working like crap - Help!

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doing? I have a BIG problem with my computer :shit: : USB ports are failing, Nokia OVI Suite freezes, Zentimo gets crazy when USB ports fail, I have to power it off manually because it freezes while powering off, today it did freeze after powering on and some friends told me they have received a mail from my hotmail account with a virus or a phishing link there. So, may I have a virus hidden (ESET does not detect nothing, the same Trojan Remover) or my CPU hardware is failing?

Edit: Windows Media Player and Winamp do crash or freeze too.

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unknownasphyxiated

try scan using other software like mbam or kaspersky vrt

reboot in safe mode to do scan

also check your startup item

i prefer to use Sysinternals's Autoruns

while in safe mode,try connect your flash drive

see if the port is totally dead?

• Administrator

I would recommend doing a full scan of Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. Run > MRT. I've seen few times already where other security softwares have failed but MRT caught it.

I would recommend doing a full scan of Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. Run > MRT. I've seen few times already where other security softwares have failed but MRT caught it.

does it feel strange to say that?

EDIT: check hardware profile and see if there are any issues windows detects. try updating firmware too. im no expert but these things may be separate issues.

i had issues with my usb goin to shit and i FOUND which one was doing it by disabling it! (it kept making that connect and dsiconnect sound) i used "usb safely remove" to find out which on it is, i found it and disabled it(itll have a small popup window when something disconnects or acts up) and the strange this is all of my usb ports still work and, my computer DID freeze temporarily while it was actin up. and made an eerie clicking noise. aslo try with mbam like the others said i hope what i said at least helps a little

try scan using other software like mbam or kaspersky vrt

reboot in safe mode to do scan

also check your startup item

i prefer to use Sysinternals's Autoruns

while in safe mode,try connect your flash drive

see if the port is totally dead?

Port isn't totally dead. I can charge my phone using it sometimes (when I don't use AC Charger)

Nothing found, yet.

does it feel strange to say that?

EDIT: check hardware profile and see if there are any issues windows detects. try updating firmware too. im no expert but these things may be separate issues.

Firmware?

i had issues with my usb goin to shit and i FOUND which one was doing it by disabling it! (it kept making that connect and dsiconnect sound) i used "usb safely remove" to find out which on it is, i found it and disabled it(itll have a small popup window when something disconnects or acts up) and the strange this is all of my usb ports still work and, my computer DID freeze temporarily while it was actin up. and made an eerie clicking noise. aslo try with mbam like the others said i hope what i said at least helps a little

MBAM I've got uninstalled it because of problems with loading nsane.

nope n yes,i recommend it too

just make sure to update to latest version windows-kb890830-v3.22

Everything is up to date here.

unknownasphyxiated

you can turn off the realtime protection and ip protection for mbam

just use it as on demand scanner

MBAM, Hitman Pro, TDSSKiller. Seems you have a nasty rootkit. If nothing works, do not hesitate to kill it and do a fresh OS install after a complete reformat.

You can try Norton Power Eraser, it helped me lots of times :)

this is why i love rollback rx...any problems?so what? just restore the system to a clean state.. ;) stop relying on av`s....

I would reinstall OS again.. fresh new start..

I agree, then right after you finish installing all driver and before installing ANY software, I suggest you take an image/snapshot of your system drive (using Norton Ghost, Acronis TrueImage, or even Windows Backup). Also, solutions such as Rollback Rx or EazFix work quite well (for the most part anyways).

Try uninstalling Zentimo. Sounds crazy but i've heard of it going haywire before. Sounds like an infection so keep scanning. Rkill, Gmer, TDSS killer, CCE and killswitch,but try not to remove with Hitman pro if it's a TDSS, apparently it has the highest chance of making pc unboot-able of all software. (from a security expert)not me btw lol :unsure:

You could try also DrWeb CureIT.. Freeware for own use..

Can be ran in safe mode and it totally locks up all other processes which ain't needed,and takes control of your computer during the scan. :)

http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/

Thank you for your help. Dr. Web CureIT? Why do I need to install another anti virus? Have no found any strange running process using HPD.

EDIT: Nothing found using Kaspersky tool.

The best would be to use a live dvd or live cd with a antivirus program and actual

scanengines and databases. Just like the Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper.

Or use one of the list of free available LiveCDs.

But if you run your actual os for a long time now i think format it away, that is also

the faster solution on that.

madeinheaven

Get 2000 Free Online Courses at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

Get 2000 Free Online Courses at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Total deal value: $2.400.000!

40575366282578144049.gif

You can get them at the MIT OpenCourseWare site

Source: tipradar.com

Jose I was looking on Google to help you. I found this offer maybe this will help you permanently.

Note I am just kidding:D

Archived