KB2533552 - please help - is it safe to install ?

AlienForce1

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 7 update KB2533552 is it safe to install it ?

Searching on Google for it I found : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7e652f51-23b2-4d62-adbe-b7a3153b42c3

on Microsoft Download Center where is stated that validation is required !

What do you think ?

Hi,

A few people seem to be having trouble with this update. Be sure to backup before you proceed. --- Are you running a cracked copy of Windows? (Personally, I tend to buy legal for M$FT's Windows, it saves you all the trouble.) You should always backup just in case things go sour. I think most people today, still haven't learned the importance of that, heh.

• Administrator

That update is for this. I have Daz installed and this update (downloaded more than a month ago) is fine on my system.

AlienForce1

That update is for this. I have Daz installed and this update (downloaded more than a month ago) is fine on my system.

Yes , I saw that too , but also as I said in the first time - on Microsoft Download Centre is stated that validation is required prior install this update !

So, the reason of my help asking is if you know if this update is also involved in Activation / Antipiracy Win.7 ?

If it is only `An update that prevents a "0xC0000034" error message` - than , sure is safe to install it .

These types of updates are always safe and needed on Windows.. they come in every flavor from XP to 7... It usually has something to do with the ActiveX component for downloading and connecting to the Microsoft/Windows Update Servers..

AlienForce1

These types of updates are always safe and needed on Windows.. they come in every flavor from XP to 7... It usually has something to do with the ActiveX component for downloading and connecting to the Microsoft/Windows Update Servers..

Ok , I understand , I will install it .

If needed I will ask you further .

Thank you guys !

AlienForce1

If is not anything important to add , this topic can be closed . Thank you again .

I saw this update on windows update but it didn't checked as usual. Actually there are 3 updates that aren't checked automatically; KB2492386, KB2506928, KB2533552. What should I do? :s

Well if for some reason you need more detail than the Windows Update list will provide then you can do a search online that will explain exactly what each one of these are for.. Windows Vista and Windows 7 both do it and I cannot remember if XP did or does or not BUT.. They do provide the information.. even the WAT update explains exactly what it is...

Update run down... Plugged the KB#'s in to a Metacrawler search engine and got these results ..

KB2492386
- Install this update to resolve a set of known application compatibility issues with Windows. - Means that there are a set of Compatibility settings that may need updating for Windows 7 to be able to properly apply and detect settings for application which are not made for Windows 7..

KB2506928
- Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2506928
read the link..

KB2533552
- Install this update to enable future updates to install successfully on all editions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.- This is stated above..

All information is copyrighted by Microsoft and quoted directly off their sites... minus my notation...Really and truthfully asking other people with other setups installations and version about compatibility of n update is not a good idea as it can be different from system to system.. if it shows up for your computer as Important it is probably going to cause no issue.. BUT this can also be a false statement and fixes/patches and repairs would need to be reported to Microsoft... Recommended updates and drivers are the same way... While one system may run better .. another may fail to boot... SO for everyone its blow and go.. ( Just like Linux and MacOSX ad all other systems, 99% of these have been tested enough in the lab and concern only certain areas.. and work 'in the wild' on 99.5% of them )

EDIT: IF something requires Validation it usually has to do with 'continued support' and progress of those updates to a system services by Microsoft.. or a service which is only provided given you have purchased an OS.. ( Like Service Packs, updates to things like Microsoft Office ) Security Updates usually do not require such validation as it is in MS's interest to have clean running systems which are not the cause of the overall number of infected systems or compromised systems online... and it helps keep the Internet clean.. its good business.. for everyone involved.. However, it would not be in their interest to update machines and or products which are not.. ( Updates which state 'This update for Windows Activation Technologies helps detect validation errors and activation exploits. This update also detects any tampering attempts made to important Windows 7 system files. Be aware that some counterfeit copies of Windows include malware.' then it is likely to address that area specifically - by law is stated that business and individuals alike know what is being installed on their systems and is unlawful to damage or endanger personal property such as images, or other information - so the description does explain this so that when and or if some lawsuit arises.. it can be stated that in fact it was clearly stated and no cost of damages by corporation nor individual can be pursued, even in the event that an update should fail, which is in most disclaimers.. ) so if the validation fails then someone has to reissue the new version or come up with another way.... Usually it will be in one's best interest to simply come to an understanding that it is best to update a system and stay up to date with these developments for their own personal safety and to have a properly working system.. should bugs or issues be found.. regardless.. IF it does not pass validation then you must do ALL of the extra work which can in fact mean reinstalling the OS to another version or whatever it may be..

So I tried to select 3 updates manually an the result is:

• KB2533552 mark as important (successful)
  • KB2492386 mark as recommended (successful)
  • KB2506928 mark as recommended (failed)

:s

This could mean a couple of things.. I would reboot and see if running Windows Update doesn't allow it to install... IF not check your Event Viewer and see if there is anything about it there with an error code.. The search for it and see if there has been any solution... Very rare but sometimes this happens because the update has either already been done.. or there could be a small conflict somewhere... Usually easily resolved though..

OH and if you have already installed it as an exterior patch or fix you may also have some issues with this on occassion..

Archived