previously its working

can anyone knows how to fix it

don't tell me to use msconfig to enter safe mode

Thanks

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try with F5. Maybe your F8 button is damaged. Test it in Windows to see if it's working.

Cheers ;)

Buy a new keyboard :rofl: :lol: :lmao: .... Be careful where you press F8, because, in some computers, you got the boot menu.

When you see Windows booting up, press restart button or cut the power. When you start the machine again you will get boot options.

That is actually bad advice as you can corrupt the files which may in turn cause you to have to repair the system to get back where you started... IF it repairs... which is at a higher rate than it has ever been... in Windows 7 .. for that sort of recovery.. but just saying you can cause yourself a ton of problems.. Really start at the BIOS screen pressing F8.. all the way through.. if you have Password Protection.. enter the Pass.. then, finger over the F8.. Press Enter and then hammering F8... should get you there.. UNLESS a Loader or something is giving you something else..

That is actually bad advice as you can corrupt the files which may in turn cause you to have to repair the system to get back where you started... IF it repairs... which is at a higher rate than it has ever been... in Windows 7 .. for that sort of recovery.. but just saying you can cause yourself a ton of problems..

Well you basically crash the Windows, but it works for me :huh:

Buy a new keyboard :rofl: :lol: :lmao: .... Be careful where you press F8, because, in some computers, you got the boot menu.

my keyboard working fine. F8 also working fine.

This is problem of win7.

If i restore my backup than f8 works

this could solve my problem

http://forum.acronis.com/forum/6758

will try it later

Try the sfc /scannow command In Start > Run (if windows 7 it's the search bar)

Once it scans, if there is something broken in your software, this should fix it then you can try your F8 once it's done. Not sure if it's gonna work but it's worth a shot. You MIGHT need to put your windows 7 disk in when using the sfc /scannow.

i have recovered boot folder from my backup and now its working

Glad you got it sorted....as mentioned above and on my Asus mobo, the F8 key also brings up the boot menu...stupid choice of keys imo. To boot to safe mode, you have to hit F8 just after it recognizes the devices...press too early and you get the boot menu and press too late you get a normal boot. :wut:

if you encounter same problem later time, check the safemode registry key.

missing those key will make un_boot_able into safe mode.

Glad you got it sorted....as mentioned above and on my Asus mobo, the F8 key also brings up the boot menu...stupid choice of keys imo. To boot to safe mode, you have to hit F8 just after it recognizes the devices...press too early and you get the boot menu and press too late you get a normal boot. :wut:

Same thing here. I think most Asus boards has it this way.

Cheers ;)

• 1 month later...

I have an Asus board and I press F6 to get the list of choices first then F8 to boot in SM.

try this it has a lot of options for fixind a damaged windows

Re-Enable-Portable_1.png

and this one should help you

Re-Enable-Portable_2.png

I believe this is actually caused by a 'Boot Loader' issue.. may have been fixed.. I am not for sure however... Noticed this with a few 'systems'.. :rolleyes:

Archived