Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 | Ad Blocker

Tweety.Abd

Tweety.Abd

Hello,

I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 for a while, and I've been impressed by its features and options it has. One of them, Ad Blocker, I just wanted to know more about it. I was thinking if there was a way to enhance it, add the block lists, such as the EasyList, etc. to it's black list. The Ad blocker is effective, but not as much as Ad-Muncher, but if there's a way to add personal filters, I think it'd be literally flawless :)

Regards.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can Import txt lists in Anti Banner, if that's what you want. I dunno what that EastList is...

Thanks, this is where my Firefox noobiness is visible :P it was mentioned as "EastList" in the subtitle, now corrected :)

OK, so basically, you can add that list to AntiBanner, with a simple Import (first save it as a txt file). It's quite possible the syntax in the list is not 100% supported, so not everything might get blocked.

However. Kaspersky already has it's own black/whitelists, updates daily, plus heuristic detection (hmmm on that... you can try it if you want, but there's a chance some sites will not load correctly).

And, depending on the browser that you use (actually, you better be using IE, the KIS addons are no longer compatible with Firefox 4) you can add banners to the blacklist as you browse (right click on banner, select "Add to Anti-Banner"). This also works in Opera (supposedly, after some config/script magic), but I couldn't get it done :mellow:

SyafaTahvBroentoeng

kaspersky anti banner and url checker is just a few things of protection by kaspersky,...

even they do not compatible in add-ons list of firefox, the persistent of kaspersky protection still cover the firefox and other browser

for the prove, you can access website thats blocked by kaspersky, using firefox 4 with anti banner & url checker disable

example you can try to access el-crabe blog,

in my firefox screen, kaspersky still block website that they mark as malicious website

even firefox disable the add-ons of kaspersky

c88cd7.png

*this example using palemoon, thankz

Yes, but you cannot use the "Add to Anti-Banner" function any more. Give it a try in IE if you didn't use it.

SyafaTahvBroentoeng

Yes, but you cannot use the "Add to Anti-Banner" function any more. Give it a try in IE if you didn't use it.

officially ff 4 would be supported by kaspersky 2012,

we hope this version of kaspersky could be release soon

thankz for the info,... :ph34r:

I hope so too. From what answers some mod gave on Kaspersky forums though, Anti Banner is not a priority at all (pretty visible as it is disabled by default) and it's future as an FF addon is pretty uncertain...

Tweety.Abd

I hope so too. From what answers some mod gave on Kaspersky forums though, Anti Banner is not a priority at all (pretty visible as it is disabled by default) and it's future as an FF addon is pretty uncertain...

So they're going to be removing this feature from Kaspersky on next release? Anti Banner is one of the amazing feature of KIS 2011, I can't happen to see it gone on next release :(

Nah, don't think they'll remove anything.

Yeah, but by the same token you bought an antivirus protection (not plugins for Firefox) and I assure its more than adequate for your computing needs. Its when people start to pick-up the feature set apart, things start to get complicated. The plugins always remain a secodary consideration because most improvements happen "under the hood" or in "the cloud". The developers of Kaspersky Labs had done a significant number improvements in those areas making the product transperant for the end user. And sometimes living on the bleeding edge of technology is hard and you have to get used to it. Afterall, nobody is forcing you to perform the upgrade the browser the day it is out. Can this be done? Without a doubt it can be! Answer here is priorities.

Archived