Make BIE File Bootable

csmdew

I downloaded a BIE file (it came in rar file that I unpacked) for Win 7 enterprize but I don't know how to burn this type of file to disk or make it bootable, any info is appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded a BIE file (it came in rar file that I unpacked) for Win 7 enterprize but I don't know how to burn this type of file to disk or make it bootable, any info is appreciated, thanks.

when you unpacked it, did you have a large file ending in .iso ?

If so, just use your favourite dvd writing software to burn that image file to a blank dvd (making sure not to burn it as a data dvd, but choosing to "burn an image file")... the dvd will be bootable without you having to do anything.

If there's any file ending in .nfo then open it with notepad (or any other text viewer) for the supplied instructions.

Hope this helps.

I doubt it was a BIE file. BIE is a release group that is kinda specialized in Windows. Your files are most probably rar files. What was the release name, by the way?

As I said, after unpacking the rar file I ended up with a BIE file. I have unpacked and burned more iso, bin or other bootable files than I can count but have never had one to come up bie before. Found nothing on search engines to do this burn. Unpacked file name is: Microsoft.Windows.7. Enterprize.x86.SP1.Intergrated.April.2011-BIE

Yeah, it's a BIE release. I'm 99.9% that the file should be a ISO. Please change (or add) the .iso extension and try to mount/burn/open, whatever is the thing you need to do :)

Yeah, it's a BIE release. I'm 99.9% that the file should be a ISO. Please change (or add) the .iso extension and try to mount/burn/open, whatever is the thing you need to do :)

Thought I had done that but can't remember so will try again, thanks.

Changing to iso did not work but from within the bie folder that was extracted from rar file were 2 more files that need extracting to finally get to the iso, everything good now, thanks all.

Archived