*dcs18

• Replies 79
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How To Configure Diskeeper For Off-line Defragmentation

Work in progress (guys, please be patient - dinner beckons) :P

awesome ! :wub:

How To Configure Diskeeper fully illustrated guide for 32-bit & 63-bit (Windows) :lmao:

and for temporary files

i think it should be excluded as well..

• Administrator

Thanks dcs18. Nice guide. I don't have time for few days, I'll surely make use of it ASAP. :)

About Volume Shadow Copy, I need some help understanding that thing. What's the difference between VSS and System Restore?

Thanks dcs18. Nice guide. I don't have time for few days, I'll surely make use of it ASAP. :)

About Volume Shadow Copy, I need some help understanding that thing. What's the difference between VSS and System Restore?

System restore depends on Volume Shadow Copy. If Volume Shadow Copy doesn't work then System restore won't work so in my computer I disabled System Restore and use Acronis and when I disabled System Restore the Volume Shadow copy service stopped. I may have got it wrong but I'm pretty sure that is what it does.

Good job! very nicely done :) thank you Dcs18 ..;)

• Administrator

Got to say. I'm impressed by diskeeper. BTW, I see it stacking all the files on the outer side. Is it possible (or is it already doing it), that the files are arranged by the amount of it's usage?

Also, any benefits of running a manual defrag?

Having said that DK is quite good. I did underestimate Ultimate Defrag all the time. Still feel it's the most powerful manual optimizer.

which one is better? pro premier or enterprise server

Pro Premier for home use, Enteprise Server version is for Server Computers! Stick with Pro Premier!

The recommended way is to let it auto defrag.

I had let my desktop on auto since when I install DK Pro a few months ago. (Totally did not use manual defrag).

Of course, now its on Enterprise version.

And it has been as fast as before.

Need to find out more about IntelliWrite though...wonder how effect it is.

Titan Defrag Engine is for HD more than 1 TB+ (File Servers, Web servers etc).

I just sugesting to people that they can stick with pro premier no need for reinstalling just to upgrade to enteprise because of Titan Defrag Engine!

For me def is fast to with out Titan Defrag Engine!

• Administrator

@dcs18: Does the boot defrag change the place of pagefile? Cause today when my computer booted, my pagefile has shifted to inner side of the drive. Due to that, I'm facing some real slowdowns. I'll waiting for the tut of it. :)

• Administrator

Thanks for the info. I've moved the pagefile with UD as for now. :)

Well, I only have 2GB RAM right now. Waiting for another 2GB to come back. I don't wanna risk disabling pagefile as for now. But will surely keep in mind. :D

You know, it's the first time that my MFT was fragmented. Never happened when I used UD. :( Good that I've fixed it.

Archived