[SOLVED] TuneUp Utilities 2011 service crashes

toyo

I'm using the last version 10.0.3000.101 with Win 7 x64 Ultimate. Like a week ago I received that message with serial number illegit bla bla bla. Tried to insert new serial, but the app seemed to work as usual, no problems! Then opening the Event Viewer I saw lots of these reds like in the attached pic. I'm not sure how to reproduce this 100%, but you can try opening the main window for Integrator and the quitting the program; it sometimes exits the service too.

Can someone confirm this is happening or is it just something very wrong on my system? I already reinstalled and cleaned the shit out of the remains, even manually (don't worry, I know my way in regedit) but jv16 and cCleaner also but it is still crashes.

My guess is that the serial problem messed something up somewhere hidden or it is just a bug in this new version.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that the icons are messed up too, I had to update the generic "no icon" for the Integrator/Maintenance with their normal icons from Properties/Change Icon.

post-2350-0-83476300-1293410191_thumb.pn

• Replies 40
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I used all TuneUps in the last few years. Since I have a PC, I never went back to a previous version and would not do that now for a pretty minor bug. It's not the nsane way :P

Now, maybe some of you have TuneUp 2011 installed and would like to open/close the main window a few times and take a look in the Event Viewer for me I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Hello.

Hmmmm, no idea... did you stry older versions ?

++

i like your comment :P

@toyo

that seems more about bugs in program

i have not 64bit so i can't help ..:(

unknownasphyxiated

maybe its a bug in 64 bit version

i've tried several time in 32bit and never got the problem

try to disable D.E.P

Well I used all TuneUps in the last few years. Since I have a PC, I never went back to a previous version and would not do that now for a pretty minor bug. It's not the nsane way :P

Now, maybe some of you have TuneUp 2011 installed and would like to open/close the main window a few times and take a look in the Event Viewer for me I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

It was to see if the problem come only on this version or with all versions...

++

@ henz :

What about my comment ?? :D

Only last update of 2011 version affected. I'll see about DEP and post up. Memory is OK, just did a 16 hours Memtest86 test.

Only last update of 2011 version affected. I'll see about DEP and post up. Memory is OK, just did a 16 hours Memtest86 test.

Then it's a software problem, isn't it ?

Ask Tuneup for support and they will correct their bugs. :D

++

Mmhm. Pirating their apps is one thing, but then asking for support, too... You have to provide proof that you bought the software for official support, sooner or later. I'm really proud I bought some apps in my life, but TuneUp is not one of them...

Also, correcting a bug could take years... depends on the priority assigned.

Still didn't have time to test DEP but I'll get to it ..

Sigh...

System DEP configuration settings apply only for 32-bit applications and

processes when running on 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows. On 64-bit

versions of Windows, if hardware-enforced DEP is available it is always

applied to 64-bit processes and kernel memory spaces and there are no system

configuration settings to disable it.

I think this needs the kill switch from the BIOS. This is just like trying to repair a damaged CPU pin with a sledgehammer.

Gave up on it. I sorted the Event Viewer entries to find many (100+) entries with the Application Error, Event ID 1000, Exception code: 0xc0000005. Most of my apps crashes were classified as such. This Windows is installed since RTM appeared on MSDN/Technet, so it's pretty old.

Also, the old TuneUp 2010 entries were there too... so that one crashed also.

The 2011 version I have installed now is the last build, so I avoided the updating process, but still crashes when closing the main window. Not all the time, but it happens often. Lucky me I don't use it much.

Also wrote to TuneUp support. Will see if they ask my serial, will tell them I just pirate their shit and wanted to make a bug report :ph34r: So hopefully they will fix their stuff in the next 100 years or so.

Note: Hope you guys understand that this is not a unstable system or something, with lots of crashes and stuff. Just check your own Event Viewer if ever in doubt :lol: This is just the way Windows works...

ever try to Google "Exception code: 0xc0000005"?

do you update your windows?

Hmm. Almost offensive your post, but hey...

Windows fully up to date. Drivers fully up to date. BIOS: same. Applications: same.

Yeah, like before even posting here, I Googled and researched for days. I only sought for another person with TuneUp and Windows 7 x64 if you read my first post, to confirm or not if they have the same entries in their Even Viewer.

I see none of you guys said anything about your Event Viewer. Is it squeaky clean or is it puzzled with red entries?

unknownasphyxiated

Hmm. Almost offensive your post, but hey...

Windows fully up to date. Drivers fully up to date. BIOS: same. Applications: same.

Yeah, like before even posting here, I Googled and researched for days. I only sought for another person with TuneUp and Windows 7 x64 if you read my first post, to confirm or not if they have the same entries in their Even Viewer.

I see none of you guys said anything about your Event Viewer. Is it squeaky clean or is it puzzled with red entries?

sorry, i didn't meant to be offensive :sorry:

seem like i use a wrong word

i'm gonna make my friend install tune up in his 64bit laptop :evil:

gonna report here if anything comes out

currently i'm using Xp and nothing in my Event Viewer

No problemo. I tried to make my level of technical knowledge known through the previous posts (so people won't lose their time asking about Google :sneaky: ), so I thought it's pretty obvious that a guy who cleans manually registry entries and bothers with Event Viewer and Memtest knows to Google&update.

You will make your friend a favour actually, the program is pretty good if you handle it correctly. Too bad it cannot be configured more in detail.

Don't expect this helps you, but when Tune Up was crashing for me, wouldn't even start propely I managed to get it working by using Yamicsoft Manager.

I ran ALL of its repair functions, and used its cleaners afterwards. Somehow this fixed it for me.

Nothing technical but thought I should mention it as I tried many things before that didn't help. This did.

Good luck

Hmm I remember that app. Win7 just appeared and there was not even one compatible reg cleaner around for x64 - but this Yamicsoft stuff. So I gave it a try. Ran it, and it wanted to delete 1300+ registry entries from my fresh installed Win7x64 Ultimate.

That scared me, and I uninstalled its ass back to Mars. What can I say, I'll give it another run and I hope it won't try to delete the whole registry this time...

unknownasphyxiated

the latest version of tuneup utilities has really gone downhill. Just go back to 2010.

don't

2011 is better than 2010

after install on my friend laptop,win 7 64 bit, no error found

i even delete some of the file to make it crash then tried reinstall

still no entries in event viewer

it just show entries for driver start succesfully

The place you should seek is Event Viewer>Custom Views>Administrative Events

It also works correctly here, but only if let alone in the background to do its thing. If I open the main window and do some stuff, then close the window, it will (only sometimes!) generate an App Error event like I described in my previous posts.

Also in my previous posts I said it isn't the nsane way to go back on old software... This site is all about updates.

unknownasphyxiated

The place you should seek is Event Viewer>Custom Views>Administrative Events

It also works correctly here, but only if let alone in the background to do its thing. If I open the main window and do some stuff, then close the window, it will (only sometimes!) generate an App Error event like I described in my previous posts.

Also in my previous posts I said it isn't the nsane way to go back on old software... This site is all about updates.

well,i'm saying that is the only thing i found related to tune up in event viewer

nothing else

maybe you could uninstall it with revo uninstaller then reinstall

don't use any serial,just trial

see if the problem still exist

redownload the installer from their server again would be nicer

Go to the link you use to open the program and any of the EXE files you have for the services... Next right-click and click on 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' for some programs I have used this and it is a solution that many overlook... I have in the past however also come across applications that were basically crap because .. although they state they are compatible with Windows 7 .. they are not in any regard.. and are and have become problematic even on Windows XP systems.. It could be that it needs permissions to access its resources and settings properly.. could be something else like simple coding issues..

I don't have the program installed but I can usually work out issues in the Event Viewer easily.. with proper investigation... Errors of this type can sometimes come from resources DLL files and plugins that are not written properly for your system... or just not written properly at all.. Tracking something like this down and repairing it will probably not be too simple.. IF you have installed over a previous version.. I would uninstall.. then go through all accounts and relative directories and delete all remaining files... Next Clean your registry and reboot.. ( sometimes twice ).. Next try to reinstall the version you have or an up to date one.. and go from there to see if you get the same problem... if so then let the hunt begin..

I have successfully killed SideBySide errors in my Event Viewer and several other problems and glitches which have come from Windows 7 and other programs.. the worst I get anymore is a simple warning about DNS Resolver failure... which is more information than anything else.. and Zero Failed Audits... It is what it is supposed to look like... LOL :D

Oh and I forgot to mention that you get the same result in Windows Live Gallery when you have a system with low resources and you try to open the program without ever loggin in to the Sign-In helper or you account through one of the programs.. somehow it seems to be looking for something and without it.. crashed with Event ID 1000 and Task Category 100.. Shows that ntdll.dll is at fault but it is not..

unknownasphyxiated

well,i don't think Tune Up not compatible with Win 7

installed in my friend laptop and no error happen

gonna report if something happen

Archived