How are you supposed to manage multiple email accounts from different email providers at a moment's notice?

Marlboro_Red

I have email accounts on gmail and protonmail both.

On gmail you can easily switch between accounts without pressing anything other than a single click.

On protomail however, you can only use one account at a time and the login procedure is lenghty meaning that if you do not remember the exact password you are going to be sitting there for a while.

Is there a way to control all my email accounts simultaneously? If so, what security vulnerabilities are at play and how do I deal with them to neutralize them?

Edited by Marlboro_Red
grammar

• Marlboro_Red changed the title to How are you supposed to manage multiple email accounts from different email providers at a moment's notice?
14 hours ago, Marlboro_Red said:

What other email clients exist?

Apart from following the advice of @charlien you could also try searching the local pages of nsane:—

16 hours ago, Marlboro_Red said:

If so, what security vulnerabilities are at play and how do I deal with them to neutralize them?

There are no security vulnerabilities at play (if you choose the top e-mail clients) . . . on the contrary, some of these leading clients are even more secure than those web e-mail providers.

• Like 1

1 important note: you can't use any 3rd party email client for free protonmail accounts!

Proton Mail Bridge is needed but only available to paid protonmail subscribers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skunk1966 said:

1 important note: you can't use any 3rd party email client for free protonmail accounts!

Well, the download is free.  I don't know whether it requires a paid login.

https://proton.me/mail/bridge#download

Yeah, at the top is says this:  Proton Mail Bridge is currently available for paid subscribers.

Edited by charlien
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, charlien said:

Well, the download is free.  I don't know whether it requires a paid login.

https://proton.me/mail/bridge#download

Yeah, at the top is says this:  Proton Mail Bridge is currently available for paid subscribers.

11 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

I see. Well then if proton mail bridge is not available to me as I am using free accounts, then what shall I use instead?

Edited by Marlboro_Red

12 hours ago, UberGeek said:

There are no security vulnerabilities at play (if you choose the top e-mail clients) . . . on the contrary, some of these leading clients are even more secure than those web e-mail providers.

And how does one recognise who these top email clients are? From here I have heard of eM client and thunderbird.

Also, a more important question how are they more secure?

If you have to log into your email from a public computer, what do you have to do so that your email account(if not google account when you're using gmail) will not be compromised at all and be as safe as ever?

2 hours ago, Marlboro_Red said:

And how does one recognise who these top email clients are? From here I have heard of eM client and thunderbird.

On the link shared in my previous post, you'll find a few more e-mail clients . . . apart from eM Client and Thunderbird.

Also, a more important question how are they more secure?

As a mere example, The Bat! Professional (the e-mail client which I use) . . . ships with end-to-end encryption. It stores all emails locally on the computer thereby keeping them private. Moreover, it blocks malicious code and tracking pixels that spread via email.

If you have to log into your email from a public computer, what do you have to do so that your email account(if not google account when you're using gmail) will not be compromised at all and be as safe as ever?

If you wish that your e-mail account not be compromised at all and continue to remain safe . . . you cannot login from a public computer (regardless of whether your account is Google or not.)

You'll need to carry your personal computer along and use it for your e-mailing needs.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2024 at 4:35 AM, UberGeek said:

On the link shared in my previous post, you'll find a few more e-mail clients . . . apart from eM Client and Thunderbird.

As a mere example, The Bat! Professional (the e-mail client which I use) . . . ships with end-to-end encryption. It stores all emails locally on the computer thereby keeping them private. Moreover, it blocks malicious code and tracking pixels that spread via email.

If you wish that your e-mail account not be compromised at all and continue to remain safe . . . you cannot login from a public computer (regardless of whether your account is Google or not.)

You'll need to carry your personal computer along and use it for your e-mailing needs.

I see. Well for example you have a work email for only work related duties. If you log into it on your home computer, is are there any risks of compromising your computer(if the email is already compromised)?

Also. As I have a couple protonmail email addresses, what should I use to manage all of them at the same time considering that protonmail bridge is only for paid accounts?