Need a YahooMail Backup tool!

metabeta
Go to solution Solved by DLord,

Just few days back I did pc recovery and it was intense feeling and i was worried about my Yahoo Mail. So, I h' at least 3-4 folders with my entire purchase of software (receipt and document) till date.

And some as old as 2018. Although i get confused when I'm online, I thought i just needs to back up the mails. So, I'm here to ask u; do u know of any software that can make a Yahoo backup. The tools I found:

1) SysTools Yahoo Backup v.6: Download here:

2) SysInfo Yahoo Mail Backup Tool: Download here:

All these r commercial and not free. I just need one backup tool, not to heavy and not to light that would make it unstable or bloated.

Can anyone suggest me a software from nsaneforum itself or other links.

metabeta.

Edited by Matt
Added space between the paragraphs.

OK i'll make things simple. What i want is a program which can make backups of Yahoomail.

Yeah!. As simple as an apple.

metabeta

How about using Mozilla Thunderbird and sync your Yahoo mailbox and then export the emails from Thunderbird?

You might have to make some changes in Thunderbird settings if you run into problem authenticating to your account. (search online for details)

Actually i was looking for a program to do that. U know where i can restore immediately or arrange them by name/date.

But i'll give it a try in Thunderbird and see how it works there.🤞

Edited:

This doesn't work in Win 7 x32bit. Plz see the screenshot.

Clipboard01.jpg

Oh...Ok. It does h' a 32bit version. Feels more like it was meant for Ubuntu or any other Linux OS. Will give it a try and see.

Edited by Matt

• Solution

@metabeta If you find the above process too complex, you could always forward Yahoo mails to Gmail and then export/download mails from Gmail.

Your Yahoo account is probably using IMAP like most mail accounts these days.  With IMAP, your mail is stored on the Yahoo server and is not going anywhere.  You can log into it from many different devices and it is all there.  If you have older POP3 accounts, then the mail is stored on your computer.

10 hours ago, DLord said:

@metabeta If you find the above process too complex, you could always forward Yahoo mails to Gmail and then export/download mails from Gmail.

I think that would do it too. Never thought about it but things that happen while browsing(malware n virus) . I liked that reply. From here i would do the rest.

I also forgot to mention i h' a bloated software called Backup4All 9.5 , that i won as a Giveaway.

I think that would work as well. yeah.

Thank u @charlien, ur suggestion was good to but kind a little complex, thank u for taking the time out for this post.

But DLord ur suggestion was a little better. Thank u folks, respect to the fellow members.

2024-09-15_231853.png

Edited by Matt