Chat Box

beta_tester_2
Go to solution Solved by Matt,

beta_tester_2

Is there possibility or some way to have a chat box in this forum? i mean that chat box place in frontpage on this forum..For me, that chatbox can be a palce to ask some simple question or any simple problem in this forum

beta_tester_2
23 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

chatbox has been disabled years ago because members couldn't behave

Any posssibility to bring it back? maybe staff forum could be a main role to rule it..

1 hour ago, beta_tester_2 said:

Any posssibility to bring it back? maybe staff forum could be a main role to rule it..

we tried to get it back; never happened.

read here: 

Edited by Skunk1966

7 hours ago, beta_tester_2 said:

Is there possibility or some way to have a chat box in this forum? i mean that chat box place in frontpage on this forum..For me, that chatbox can be a palce to ask some simple question or any simple problem in this forum

We have sections in this forum to ask questions. Just look for the appropriate place. It's better this way because it can be a while before you get an answer.

And having a chatbox entails some measure of maturity. So...no chatbox!

beta_tester_2
20 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

we tried to get it back; never happened.

Oh mann.. for me, CHATBOX is simple main place to ask question ASAP as me as new member.. hope staff forum could think again about my suggestion..maybe there is upgraded or new feature chatbox  (i ddi'nt know..just guessing)..btw, thx @Skunk1966 for information..

16 hours ago, lurch234 said:

We have sections in this forum to ask questions. Just look for the appropriate place. It's better this way because it can be a while before you get an answer.

And having a chatbox entails some measure of maturity. So...no chatbox!

thats right.. yeah..im just think to ask in easy way.. you know.. just ask and got answer.. no need to scroll down searching for topic to ask.. btw.. thx for the answer 😅

2 minutes ago, beta_tester_2 said:

thats right.. yeah..im just think to ask in easy way.. you know.. just ask and got answer

Quite understandable. No shame there.

I had a front row seat to the chatbox s**t show (well, we all had lol) way back when it was operational. Just imagine a room filled with a ADHD reunion ( I have a form of it. So no disrespect intended! )

• Administrator
  • Solution

Shoutbox / chatbox never again.

1 hour ago, beta_tester_2 said:

thats right.. yeah..im just think to ask in easy way.. you know.. just ask and got answer.. no need to scroll down searching for topic to ask.. btw.. thx for the answer 😅

There's no shortcut. Additionally, not every person online is knowledgeable enough to respond to what you're asking, and if there is a chatbox and a large number of users online, your question will be lost in the conversation among other topics. You will need to keep scrolling down to see whether your issue has been addressed.

1 hour ago, lurch234 said:

I entirely agree with @lurch234. If you ask a question in a topic, it will be there indefinitely, people will continue to discuss that issue, and in most cases, the answer or solution you find might benefit someone else who may ask the same question later on.

I moved your topic to the feedback forum because your question is related to the site itself. 

beta_tester_2

Ok..noted. I had to be agree too even my proposal be rejected. the statement "shoubox/chatbox never again" is like a pure steel cannot be process lol. btw, thank you @Matt for respond on my issue..

16 hours ago, lurch234 said:

Quite understandable. No shame there.

I had a front row seat to the chatbox s**t show (well, we all had lol) way back when it was operational. Just imagine a room filled with a ADHD reunion ( I have a form of it. So no disrespect intended! )

That's a great experience you had be lol.. now, i know there is more disadvantage of chatbox for other people ..just like you @lurch234 and could be affect on mental healthness .. 😄