EZ CD Audio Converter 2024.6.28

flash13

EZ CD Audio Converter, formerly Easy CD-DA Extractor, rips audio CDs with exact and reliable error detection and two-pass verification of audio, allows editing of metadata supporting multiple services for retrieving high-quality metadata, and burns discs. It has a very fast multi-core audio converter that allows parallel audio conversion with up to 8 parallel converters. All combined in a user friendly interface.

Thanks to phen0men4 for the update.

Download

I bought it in dec. 2015 for 40 €; lifetime license.

At the time it was version 3.1.5; working with major updates, version 4, 5... 11 and now 2024.6.28.

Very great software.

11 hours ago, Easy said:

Great software. For very low price you get lifetime license that can be used on (at least) 5 different systems (and more), and is not linked to any hardware ID (you can upgrade or change complete system and OS, and install it again).

That's why I decided to support developer, bought my license and will not post cracked portable or any other version of this software any more.

Time and effort spent on waiting and searching for every new correctly cracked version is worth much more than is price of lifetime license.

Please, just think about this, and thanks for time you spent on reading this comment.

As here on 'Download' page is no link to their store (it is for many other software) here it is:

Poikosoft Store

I also have a valid license key, but what I don't like is that the licensing system leaves traces all over the system:

Registry entries:
    HKCU\Software\Licenses
    HKLM\Software\Licenses

Various folders/files:
    %ProgramData%\Licenses
    %ProgramData%\Logs

Edited by SoulRipper88

4 hours ago, SoulRipper88 said:

I also have a valid license key, but what I don't like is that the licensing system leaves traces all over the system:

That's why I have my own PAF portable, made as trial version, licensed with my key, and have no such problems ;) 

I can even use it on any other system where it works as licensed, and after exit deletes all those traces from system.

This is not real problem at all.

This program leaves only few traces compared to, for example, 'ABBYY FineReader PDF', where installed version leaves on system almost hundred (mostly useless) registry keys and almost so many other files.

You can also look at 'MS Office' or 'Windows 10 Update' which after each update of about few hundreds MB leaves about 5 GB of pure trash on system.

That is real problem.

And please, don't 'quote' my complete post without any reason.

Edited by Easy

As got requests from legal key owners, I posted 'Trial' PAF portable version that can be activated with valid key, and remains such.

https://nsaneforums.com/topic/386394-ez-cd-audio-converter/?do=findComment&comment=1831785

Updates will be posted with every new program version.

Edited by Easy

@Easy said:  will not post cracked portable or any other version of this software any more.

Almost agree. I'm also a registered user since 2012.

Poikosoft have a lifetime cheap(?) license that deserves to be bought, but If medicine is available, it will be shared. 

There's also a Microsoft Store "free" version, but I don't know the differences to the Paid version. (Maybe older version with less features?) Free version is available here: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9nl52mb976b3?hl=en-us&gl=US

Edited by BluePT

@BluePT

It is only downloader/installer (843 kB) digital signature dated 2024.06.25.

I downloaded it on Windows 10, and it does not run on Win 8.1 (x86 and x64) VMs. Starts but hangs on blank (dark mode) screen only with title 'Windows Store'.

It can be closed by clicking on 'X'.

Will test, and report back, what it does, on Win 10 VM, but I expect that it will only download and install latest 'Trial' version.

That will take some time because my Win 10 VM started downloading updates (did not disable), and will have to finish that before testing.

On 6/29/2024 at 3:24 AM, Easy said:

5 different systems (and more), and is not linked to any hardware ID

be careful !

program is sending your license key to this address when opening app

https://www.poikosoft.com/cgi-bin/freedb6.cgi

so, I suggest to block program "ezcd.exe"  in firewall if you are using it on more systems

======

On 6/29/2024 at 2:58 PM, SoulRipper88 said:

you can use Registry Trash Keys Finder  to clear those registry entries

• Like 1

@ARMOUR

Thanks for info, but at moment I was buying (single) license, it was clearly stated that I can use it on 5 systems.

I'm using it on 5 systems for almost 5 years, and (again), I don't like any blocking or any other exceptions for programs in firewall or any other way.

It seems to me something similar as I have with 'Tidal' service.

Edited by Easy

I installed that free version, and it is really free.

EZCD-Free.png

From this screen is not visible which version this is, but from properties

EZCD-Fee-PR.png

it is obvious that it is old version 8.9.10.1 and it seems that it can be used only on Windows 10+, as it is stored in 'Program Files\WindowsApps\Poikosoft.EZCDAudioConverterFree_8.9.10.0_x64__*' folder.

Inside that is also 'AppxMetadata' folder, which could not be processed by older Windows versions.

I you would like to continue discussion about this version then you have to open new (not here), as it is off-topic!

'OVER AND OUT' ;)

Edited by Easy