Need help with Win XP and password

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doin'? I've got a problem with Win XP at my mom's computer: I can't delete admin password. I've restarted it in safe mode and there is not admin account besides her account. I created another account and I can't delete it.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sl@pSh0ck™

what do you want to do exactly, delete just the password or delete the admin account? :blink:

If you want to delete that admin account...you have to create a new admin account .. login from the new admin account then delete the old admin account from there.

I'd like to delete the account I've created (I've created it to try to delete the pass) and I want to delete the password of my moms account

Sl@pSh0ck™

I don't know if I am getting you right ... there is no way you can delete a password, you can change it but I dunno if you can delete it. :fear:

yes! you are right. I could delete the account I've created but I coudn't delete the pass from my mom's account

Run the following command from your new Account (hope your new Account is an Administrator Account - this command does at times work from a Standard/Restricted Account, though.)

Net User YourDearAunt'sUserName AnyNewPasswordYouDesire

The above changes your Aunt's password to the one of your choice. Then login to your Aunt's Account with the new password you used to run the command and you'll find that you're able to delete her password from the 'User account' under 'Control Panel.'. ;)

I could solve the problem. Thank you a lot. May I ask another question (to not open a new post)?

No prob.

I can't connect two computers with a VPN. Mine's (server) is using Windows Seven X64 and the others WinXP Pro x86. I can connect to one (using for testing, once it stars working I'll config the others), but internet connections falls down. And when I try to connect this computer from the one with XP I've got an error message 800.

Run the following command from your new Account (hope your new Account is an Administrator Account - this command does at times work from a Standard/Restricted Account, though.)

Net User YourDearAunt'sUserName AnyNewPasswordYouDesire

The above changes your Aunt's password to the one of your choice. Then login to your Aunt's Account with the new password you used to run the command and you'll find that you're able to delete her password from the 'User account' under 'Control Panel.'. ;)

net user user_name *

the star removes the pw within command promp

Archived