Cometbird to be frontpaged or not

chlorophyll

chlorophyll

hi frens. :)

few days back i asked our admin LITE whether is it possible to make COMETBIRD frontpaged.

he replied "You should post this request in this forum, that way everyone can be the judge"

so posted here to know your opinions frens.

be frank and give reasons if u DONT support my idea of frontpaging cometbird.

THANK U FRENZ... :)

• Replies 28
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chlorophyll

Disapproval.gif

Nauseous.gif

chlorophyll

nice response. :)

Lol, don't be sad, there's just not a lot of people using it, so caching one of them actually being active on nsane isn't likely to happen.

• Administrator

You made your initial post less than 24 hours ago. If its not been used before people may want to test it before giving judgement.

Please observe some patience, especially when making a request for a new listing.

chlorophyll

no no i dont really mean that.i was not active here in forums like in da previous due to my exams.coming here rarely for every 5 days from my last active status.so 2day i am going to leave.i may come here again after 1 week.may be.so i myself declared like that as i expected answers from our frens before i leave.so i expressed like that.

• Administrator

True. I haven't used it, that's why I cannot judge it. It seems to me that its a custom build. So is tete09 for Firefox and SRWare Iron for Chrome. SRWare Iron is frontpaged. Is cometbird good enough to be on FP? I don't know.

hey chill ravi ,,

patience dude ...

Lite is correct ..B)

i dint know , there is a browser by the name of Cometbird too.. :P ... ( even after trying so many others already on the scene , some well known and some not so well known .... ! )

only came to know of this , after reading this post .

i just tried Cometbird , and its the same as FireFox , with all the support for addons too .

and i dint even notice any change in browsing speed too.

it behaves the same way as FF .

it has some minimal extra features , which are not some thing which can make a FF user shift to Cometbird ....:mellow:

( .. and that might explain , its low popularity . Cnet reports a total downloads for Cometbird at just 5621,Softpedia reports 6694 and Filehippo doesnt even host this for download . for the record Firefox downloads at Cnet total at 22,289,855 :P )

( ...and ,, on a second note , SRware Iron is a bit faster than its counterpart Chrome and most importantly it doesnt report any usage statistics as the Chrome does . i dont use SRware either , i prefer Chrome as a back up browser ...)

so ,,why would any one want to go for a duplicate instead of the Original ??????:huh:

@ravi ,

why do you prefer cometbird ?

i mean any additional benefits / goodies in it , which i might not have noticed ????

Had not commented so far because:-

01.) Have tested every browser other than CometBird. :think:

02.) Have no idea what qualifies any software to be FrontPaged. :unsure:

chlorophyll

i always prefer cometbird over firefox for only 2 reasons.in my system cometbird loads faster than firefox (i mean browing speed).scrolling is better(very very smoooooth)than firefox and i like tab behaviour in cometbird than in firefox.

firefox fans dont mind if i say that cometbird uses less ram consumption when compared to firefox.now i am at just 89mb with 4 nsane tabs opened.what do u say mr.detective??

2zf7901.jpg

Does CometBird use my Firefox profile, or do I have to reinstall everything in CometBird?

If I install CometBird, is it possible to run CometBird 3.6.2 and Firefox 3.6.2 at the same time?

chlorophyll

everything which is possible in firefox is possible in cometbird also.

u can run BOTH at same time.i tested both at same time n selected cometbird as my DEFAULT WEB BROWSER.

i always prefer cometbird over firefox for only 2 reasons.in my system cometbird loads faster than firefox (i mean browing speed).scrolling is better(very very smoooooth)than firefox and i like tab behaviour in cometbird than in firefox.

yes Cometbird , does use less memory than FF .

but it doesnt bother much ,

most of the machines today come loaded with a good fast ram .

and

FF loads fast too ... ( use Preloader , Speedyfox , ) .. it takes just 3 to 5 seconds after a system start to run FF .

Smooth scroll is a good extension , for smoothing the scrolling and personalizing it as u like .

( and there are loads of other personalization extensions available on the mozilla homepage .... make your FF as u want it , any which way .... ;) )

there is nothing much appreciably different about cometbird,,, it just closely mimics Firefox ... ......

it just a matter of personal taste . ;)

FF it is , for me ...8)

( ... on a second note , whether Cometbird should be front paged is something i cannot put right . if SRware Iron is , then may be Cometbird too . i dont know ........ )

everything which is possible in firefox is possible in cometbird also.

u can run BOTH at same time.i tested both at same time n selected cometbird as my DEFAULT WEB BROWSER.

OK, so the CometBird and Firefox profiles are separate then.

Night Owl, if you're testing CometBird hope you'll backup your Firefox profile.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I'm just getting a bit curious about CometBird now, so I might as well give it a try.

chlorophyll

yes Cometbird , does use less memory than FF .

but it doesnt bother much ,

most of the machines today come loaded with a good fast ram .

and

FF loads fast too ... ( use Preloader , Speedyfox , ) .. it takes just 3 to 5 seconds after a system start to run FF .

Smooth scroll is a good extension , for smoothing the scrolling and personalizing it as u like .

( and there are loads of other personalization extensions available on the mozilla homepage .... make your FF as u want it , any which way .... ;) )

there is nothing much appreciably different about cometbird,,, it just closely mimics Firefox ... ......

it just a matter of personal taste . ;)

FF it is , for me ...8)

( ... on a second note , whether Cometbird should be front paged is something i cannot put right . if SRware Iron is , then may be Cometbird too . i dont know ........ )

so by this u can say firefox + extensions = cometbird.so whats da need of using firefox with extensions separately installed.thats y i prefer always cometbird.i agree that cometbird is derived from firefox n i am not against firefox coz if no firefox then no cometbird but when coming to usage i feel cometbird is better than firefox.this view is with my personal experience.

On the main subject I was thinking .. it and several of the other different types of builds could be listed under the main one for Firefox.. as an alternative .. Maybe do the same for SRWare Iron/Chrome.. then all that would need to be maintained is a link to the download page or main page for each one.. not necessarily directly to the download..

chlorophyll

nice response. :)

hope i wil get minimum 50 responses :P

First of all the availability of enterprise software fixes isn't very high and we aim to provide software for home users, not enterprises. (Yes, I know, some home users are crazy enough to use Enterprise software :P Oh, I'm sorry :rolleyes: :D)

I don't think consolidating these definitely distinct programs inside other listings is a good idea (talking about CometBird and SRWare Iron).

You should realize that our aim isn't to list every/any software available, but we're only trying to list the best as well as most popular :) Now, CometBird might be one of them, but there's just not enough people using it for us to list it right now, I think.

We will keep your suggestion in mind however and we might list it some time later ;)

chlorophyll

:)

Archived