Microsoft Edge 105.0.1343.27

flash13

Microsoft Edge is a free web browser based on the Chromium Open Source project and other Open Source software. Anyone who's used Google Chrome will immediately feel right at home with the new Microsoft Edge since both browsers are based on Chromium. Currently, you'll need a 64-bit operating system. On startup, you can import your links, favorites, and settings when you install. Options are available to customize what you want or don't want, to import as well as the option to sync across devices. The interface is clean and easy to use. The voice options to read a page is a neat feature and works well. Most popular extensions are also available in the Microsoft Store. Microsoft Edge delivers as we hoped and expected with a clean, simple, friendly web browser that we think many people will now gladly use as their default web browser; something very few people wanted with Internet Explorer.

Download

Hello,

Bug in version 105

Since the Microsoft Edge 105.0.1343.27 Stable update, all tabs close automatically, no more options to close everything, yet well activated in the settings, I go back to version 104 which works.

Do you have this problem? Tested on other PCs same

@+

you are not the only one with this buggy Edge !

You could fix it by deleting two reg-keys ( MetricsReportingEnabled under Edit -> Search . Delete these 1-2 entries and the Edge will start again )

btw ; MS fixed the bug with this , very fast , latest Edge................!    :idea:

Edited by Matt
Removed text formatting.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Andytay70 said:

@KaljuI think what he means is, when you close Edge with multiple tabs open you dont get the warning about closing them

Hi,

Yes that's what i meant

@+

Edited by jenyco2

2 hours ago, Andytay70 said:

@Kalju I think what he means is, when you close Edge with multiple tabs open you dont get the warning about closing them

The bug is by no means resolved, I will report it to Microsoft to see

Hello,

I finally installed Edge Canary Version 106.0.1370.0 and it works, the warning is there, the bug is in Edge stable version 105. Bug reported to Microsoft and resolution ????????????.

@+

13 hours ago, Andytay70 said:

@Kalju I think what he means is, when you close Edge with multiple tabs open you dont get the warning about closing them

But are you sure you have it turned on from the settings? This notification can be (at least earlier was it there and by default it was switched off, ieno notifications, at the moment Ihave not checked if it is still in the settings) each user can turn it on and off himself. It's possible, that now with new version it have been turned to default settings or this selection also removed, I havenot checked.So, check it yourself.

A bit later....

I checked, no it's not gone anywhere, it's there as before.
It's just worth remembering that it's off by default (and always has been so).
Go to edge://settings/appearance and in the right table/panel find Customize browser, under it is the option Ask before closing a window with multiple tabs.

warn_before.thumb.JPG.e9ce8909b99545318173b42ec4723d31.JPG

And also - if you find time, sometimes also look at the settings of the programs and apps you use. This can be very helpful.

Edited by Kalju

This has been said in various ways but to be clear:

The bug with Edge not opening still exists in this latest release.

Fix by deleting the specified registry key corrects that issue.

The Edge closing without prompt with multiple tabs open although "Ask before closing a window with multiple tabs is set to On" is still not fixed.

A friend of mine got that trouble with Edge , after updating , won't open...

Even after uninstalled/reinstalled...I changed her browser ;)

Edited by ace_N_kelly

5 hours ago, ace_N_kelly said:

A friend of mine got that trouble with Edge , after updating , won't open...

Even after uninstalled/reinstalled...I changed her browser ;)

That works too!😀

• Haha 1

Hello,

Bug fixed in the latest version Microsoft Edge 105.0.1343.33 Stable available on the forum.

Topic solved.

@+