Mozilla Firefox 3.6

shought

• Replies 88
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This extension was added today.. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/66282 .. for all of those users out there wanting better tab control or the ones using Tab Mix Plus, this looks to be a good find.. I am uninstalling the original ( exporting my settings first ) and installing this one in a few minutes.. BUT according to the documentation at the site.. this is looking quite promising.. From the same guy that wrote my current version of Fasterfox.. which works quite nicely.. but very interesting what he has done with this..

EDIT: So far so good.. not sure about the import of the settings.. BUT for whatever reason.. either the way he wrote the extension .. or what.. but it Firefox now seems snappier going from tab to tab.. without delays.. or issues.. I haven't monitored RAM or memory usage yet but that is suppose to be better as well.. ( and it seems so ).. I recommend giving it a spin..

@heath28m

thanks for ur update,i wil check it now

after restoring the profile i hav got all my exteions and addons :dance2:

Yeah this morning I could not find the add-ons because I noticed a few issues with it saving settings on my system.. ( worked out since ) and now its vanished... hen I was coming back here to post about it and the sites were down..so I dunno .. but I have a copy if anyone wants to use it... It seems that changing the tab bar to never be shown doesn't hold so I had to go back to an old extension called 'Hide Tabbar' ( imagine that )... Took a look around the about:config.. everything seems to be in place so I dunno.. I think it might show back up or be re-released as the new Tab Mix Plus... it is just too good for what it does to just disappear..

after restoring the profile i hav got all my exteions and addons :dance2:

What happened?

• 3 weeks later...

Same here ... too late when I realized what I was doing .. :frusty: back to 3.6 now :lol:

• Administrator

Shouldn't the listing on frontpaged be updated with v3.5.8?

Archived