Mozilla Firefox 3.6

shought

• Replies 88
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Will it create icons on desktop etc? And registry keys?

• Administrator

Hmm. Well that's a problem. My sis is a noob and will take hours finding that in her user account, but nevermind uninstalling firefox.

• Administrator

Hmm. I'm using it right now.

I extracted it over the Mozilla Firefox folder, didn't overwrite the leftover folders, just pasted it manually.

I don't see much speed difference in starting rightnow, but lets see. :)

@DKT27:

If you tried benchmarking the official build against the custom build, you'll notice a big difference 2lbz2xg.png

I modified tete009's custom build a bit.

- changed icons to Firefox defaults

- changed Namoroka strings to Firefox / Mozilla Firefox

- applied upx compression on some files

- removed unnecessary files / folders

If some of you're interested, here you go: Link

Thanks so much for making this available. I saw tete009's Program Icon Changer to change that silly Minefield icon. And I saw his recommendation to change the "general.useragent.extra.firefox" string. But you've done both of those things. :)

But do we have to uninstall Firefox 3.6 Final? Can't we just run either Firefox 3.6 Final or your modified tete009's Firefox 3.6 build just as long as we don't run them at the same time? Is the problem that if we accidentally run them both at the same time then we're going to royally mess up our Firefox profile?

• Administrator

As far I've seen, custom build may have made registry keys as soon as I started it.

All the links were made to use firefox as default browser.

So it's really recommended to uninstall the normal one otherwise you may mess up your registry.

SacredCultivator

I guess I'll give this Custom Build a shot. Thanks Bizarre. I most probably won't notice any differences =P

• Administrator

I can see that Memory usage is less. It's a bit fast.

Download from Biz's mediafire link. Uninstall the normal version. Extract custom build somewhere you like. Then run it.

SacredCultivator

If anything, I say for future reference, when a new build of Firefox is out, someone should link to a custom build, so I don't have to go to the source =P, and if they are tweaked (looks at Bizarre), the better =P

But do we have to uninstall Firefox 3.6 Final? Can't we just run either Firefox 3.6 Final or your modified tete009's Firefox 3.6 build just as long as we don't run them at the same time? Is the problem that if we accidentally run them both at the same time then we're going to royally mess up our Firefox profile?

If you don't uninstall the official build, every time you run the custom build it will just hang.

heard that firefox 3.6 is unsteady,is that real?actually i contacted cometbird authorities to know da release date of cometbird 3.6 version.they sait theres a delay for its release coz firefox 3.6 is unstable.donno why they said like this?actually everyone here reported that firefox 3.6 is very fine.is that the wrong news ??

• Administrator

Cometbird guys only want some excuse to not make it in time. ;)

Firefox v3.6 is stable as ever. :)

:rolleyes:yeah it could be,still cometbird release delayed:frusty:

thank u D

I did have some minor issues with Firefox, skin not showing up, Add-ons not working as expected, but nothing 'core' related.

• Administrator

@Shought: For addons not being compatible with Firefox v3.6:

Just download MR Tech Toolkit addon for firefox.

Restart firefox, Go in > tools > addons > extensions > tools menu > Make All compatible. ;)

You know the comment may be that the custom build with modifications for Cometbird was not stable at the same time as 3.6 was officially released and they had to adjust for the change..

@heath28m

oh i see???

@DKT27:

Even if you make it the plug-ins compatible with MR Tech Toolkit,

it doesn't mean the source code will be compatible with Firefox.

It just means that plug-in developers should update their codes for compatibility.

• Administrator

This is a temporary fix. :smartass:

And I think Mozilla guys have nothing to do in this, about addons not working.

@DKT27:

If you bother reading and understanding some articles instead of being a :smartass:

You can probably learn a lot 2lbz2xg.png

Link

Archived