Mozilla Firefox 3.6

shought

Yes, ravisoorya was right again about Firefox 3.6 Final, just like he was right about Firefox 3.6 RC2 and just as he was right about Firefox 3.6 RC1. Why do people keep doubting or questioning him?

And this "Firefox Setup 3.6.exe" file is byte-for-byte identical to the "Firefox Setup 3.6.exe" from earlier today which is byte-for-byte identical to "Firefox Setup 3.6 RC 2.exe".

Well done, CometBird, er ravisoorya!!

Ra-vi :notworthy:, Ra-vi :notworthy:, Ra-vi :notworthy:, Ra-vi :notworthy:, Ra-vi :notworthy:, Ra-vi :notworthy:, Ra-vi :notworthy:, ...

• Replies 88
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do need to remind all of you that you still have to upgrade the RC2.. I have had to do this twice.. even with the one I downloaded and installed this morning.. So I downloaded and installed the one after became available on the main page..

For those who don't like the new "relative" tab opening in 3.6 like me, set "browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent" to false in about:config to go old skool.B)

You get version 3.6 if you do a check for updates now.

Not for me. On both my Windows 7 and XP PCs I'm told "No Updates Found". My Windows 7 PC was updated with the "Firefox Setup 3.6 RC 2.exe" file on Sunday (this file is identical to the final "Firefox Setup 3.6.exe" file). On Windows XP, I was updated to RC2 last night through the "Check for Updates" process. Both copies of Firefox say there are no updates available.

• Administrator

I cannot update my addons from months saying that there is an error finding the update for "xyz" and Firefox's check for (browser's) update give me update xml malformed (200). But who cares, I'm gonna get Windows 7 inside a month.

@Janus: Tabmixplus does that job for me. ;)

• Administrator

I don't know chances are very less. My FF is going 100% after closing, from two-three days. These update problems are from months.

I have an odd question for you.. Do you have Mr Tech put your add-ons window in your browser as a tab.. by any chance? ( this is weird and documented as causing an extension update issue for some time now.. ) The XML issue.. seems to be a program component error..corruption of the data possibly.. ( in many different ways ) have you tried re-install?

Also if you can't get it through updates.. which mine will take a few days to register after it becomes available .. most of the time.. so you my want to just go directly to the site page fr Firefox and download the final finished version.. It will upgrade your RC2 ... and your other versions..

@ ravisoorya and Night Owl :

I had doubts about the French version not about the English one (thanks again ravisoorya ^_^ ) !

++

• Administrator

@Heath: Yes I have Mr Tech Toolkit. When this problem started, the my first thought was Mr Tech doing this problem, but no, it isn't, I checked with other profiles, uninstalled Mr Tech, the problem remains the same.

• Administrator

Thanx Night Owl. Downloadin it. Will install it later. :)

I modified tete009's custom build a bit.

- changed icons to Firefox defaults

- changed Namoroka strings to Firefox / Mozilla Firefox

- applied upx compression on some files

- removed unnecessary files / folders

If some of you are interested, here you go: Link

• Administrator

What is the mediafire link for?

BTW tell me last thing, after I install the custom build, do I need to install some enhancement files that the tete09 page offers? Would FF be fast without it?

@DKT27:

The link above is a modified version of tete009's custom build.

And you don't need to download anything more ^_^

• Administrator

But that link says v3.5.7. :unsure:

• Administrator

Ops, my eyes fooled me. :tooth:

Really I didn't see "z". :lol:

• Administrator

Wait this contains files and not the installer?

Please guide me using it. :unsure:

@DKT27:

Did you uninstall you current version of Firefox?

Uninstall it first, but keep the profiles intact.

• Administrator

Yea I have kept that in my mind that profiles shouldn't be deleted. I even backed them up if uninstaller by mistake removes it. :D

Then? After I uninstall what should I do?

Archived