Testing the idea of using Torrents to "host" files.

LeetPirate

Ok, this is just an idea we have for distributing problematic files from the front page. For example I always see people having problems downloading nod32. If this works then possibly in future we could seed those files via torrents and add a p2p download link. It could be faster and easier than using a hosting site even with the help of skipscreen.

Just for testing purposes I have created a torrent on pirate bay with the NOD32 v4.0.474 Trial Editions. I don't think there is anything illegal about distributing the trial editions so this should be ok for me to do. I need people to download and seed please. I want to see how well this works. When seeding please disable DHT, disable Peer Exchange, and enable Initial Seeding. :rolleyes:

Site: http://thepiratebay.org/
Sharecode: torrent/5201980/ESET_NOD32_AntiVirus_v4.0.474_x86_and_x64

Also any ideas on how I could get this to seed faster? It's the only thing I have seeding but for some reason I don't see it going at full speed.

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hey I've already made a torrent on ESET 474 AV. But the problem is, it contains box, mara- fix v1.3.

But as I already have ESET x64 and x32 on my PC, let see what I can do. ;)

Ok, this is just an idea we have for distributing problematic files from the front page. For example I always see people having problems downloading nod32. If this works then possibly in future we could seed those files via torrents and add a p2p download link. It could be faster and easier than using a hosting site even with the help of skipscreen.

Just for testing purposes I have created a torrent on pirate bay with the NOD32 v4.0.474 Trial Editions. I don't think there is anything illegal about distributing the trial editions so this should be ok for me to do. I need people to download and seed please. I want to see how well this works. When seeding please disable DHT, disable Peer Exchange, and enable Initial Seeding. :rolleyes:

Site: http://thepiratebay.org/
Sharecode: torrent/5201399/ESET_NOD32_AntiVirus_v4.0.474_x86_and_x64

Also any ideas on how I could get this to seed faster? It's the only thing I have seeding but for some reason I don't see it going at full speed.

Right click on the seeding torrent and allow bandwidth allocation to high mode. Also click on files and right click each file and allow high mode. This is if you are using utorrent. Also go into advanced settings and set net.max_halfopen to 1000. That should increase your seeding substantially.

Why not magnet link? And why not to use DHT and PEX? I have no problems with speed and there are more seeds wheb DHT with PEX are enabled.

• Administrator

@Leet: Can you give me the MD5 of both the files? As it didn't identified the files I have. I had downloaded from Jalaffa's RS link few days ago.

Why not magnet link? And why not to use DHT and PEX? I have no problems with speed and there are more seeds wheb DHT with PEX are enabled.

Well the be honest I have no idea wtf is magnet uri or how to use it. :D Since I was the only seeder and my connection is only 768K up I preferred to leave the tracking to the site tracker else I would be the only source ip in the swarms so I disabled DHT and PEX. Nothing wrong with it being on, just didn't want to have groups swarming away and not using the global tracker to help seed.

@Leet: Can you give me the MD5 of both the files? As it didn't identified the files I have. I had downloaded from Jalaffa's RS link few days ago.

Now that you mentioned it, I downloaded the 64bit one from the frontpage link, an oversight on my part, I think the 64bit one is the previous version. :( that's a huge oops, lol.

The 32bit one is ok though.

These are the correct hashes for v4.0.474.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.474 eav_nt32_enu.msi
MD5: 5ab71309edf6084af0b2a7193333d70d
SHA1: 5d61ff30cfee7dc982bdb402093d3b62263912a9
CRC: e28c0467

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.474 eav_nt64_enu.msi
MD5: a3825bd7074ee0a9c5b6928a06a8e348
SHA1: 694bcddbd405c36a38d9d94c397d7912bef2ae2e
CRC:17ed5eec

This is the hash for the wrong file in my torrent.

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.474 eav_nt64_enu.msi
MD5: 5f42e2cab5f584584d9174daeb84dd96
SHA1:1af35f30f117666caeaf7bdbc5b0632c39b566b1
CRC:86f0603e

I guess I will have to delete that torrent file, lol, my bad.:wub:

• Administrator

My x64 hash is:

MD5: A3825BD7074EE0A9C5B6928A06A8E348
SHA1: 694BCDDBD405C36A38D9D94C397D7912BEF2AE2E
CRC32: 17ED5EEC

BTW please add these trackers into the torrent -

http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

http://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce

http://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

udp://denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce

My x64 hash is:

MD5: A3825BD7074EE0A9C5B6928A06A8E348
SHA1: 694BCDDBD405C36A38D9D94C397D7912BEF2AE2E
CRC32: 17ED5EEC

Yea that's the correct one you have, I initially uploaded the wrong 64bit version. :(

I fixed it now though. I deleted the old torrent from piratebay and put the new one with right version. Now I'm just seeding it for no real reason other than to hopefully help the general public. :)

I already obtained the results from the test and it was a success, in a matter of 3 hours I was able to seed enough to keep the torrent alive with enough sources. However I don't think we will be using this as an official method for now but it can be done by any person here and sharecoded if they wish to assist others. Especially for problematic files like ESS and EAV, also for others like Vmware. Just bear in mind that the risk is on the user uploading the content.

No need to add extra trackers, there are already 5 good ones. ;) You can use trackon.org to select working public torrents.

• Administrator

I edited my post.

ANW so you aren't makin a torrent?

I had made a torrent with x32, x64 and box, mara- fix. And uploaded it to TPB. But the problem is some fool user reported that the box, mara- fix has a backdoor and I explained him it's not, I had clearly posted in the torrent description that it isn't. But no, not only the TPB users are fools but TPB moderators are also fools. They deleted both my account and my torrent. Now I've spreadin my torrent all over the good torrent sites.

If anyone wants it here's the link -

Site: http://isohunt.com
Sharecode: /torrent_details/143996433

Archived