New to ApexDC

Hitman6267

Hello,

I just installed ApexDC to see what it is like. Could any one tell me how this kind of a network works ? (i.e. in P2P networks you search for file and download it and whatever files you are sharing other people download from you) From what I can gather, you join a channel and browse file lists and download straight from the users.

What is this kind of a network best used for ? and could any one recommend any channels ?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had installed this like a year or two ago.. I could never get it to actually download a file.. I had it all customized with a theme.. did a bunch of stuff .. configure the WebUI.. but it never really caught me as something that would be efficient.. It reminded me of an old program called WinMX.. way back.. was great at one time.. but I just stuck with HTTP, and Torrents/Magnet Links.. Seems to be too 'clique-ish' to really do the job it was intended for..

• Administrator

Even I have no idea over it. I don't know what it does.

I think Admin Lee can help us know about it. :)

@heath28m , I used WinMX too that's why I want to try out Apex. I had a great experience with WinMX.

@DKT27, yea that's kinda why I posted here :P I remember Lite having part with a DC program and it's probably Apex.

• Administrator

Well all I know is Lee is somewhere related for it's development. I hope I'm not wrong.

Archived