Dragnet

frankl1n

I just watched 2 old episodes of Dragnet. In the first show 4 youths are sentenced to life imprisonment for possession and selling marijuana. In the second show a man gets 1 to 5 yrs for running over an old lady and her grandchild, killing both of them , while he was drunk. I didnt realize that Dragnet was a comedy show until just now.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoopenstein

The stories you have seen are true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent (and guilty). Dum, da dum dum. Dum da dum dum daaa!

And today..."Only the truth has been changed to protect the guilty"...how innocent the world seemed back then compared to now.:fear::fear::fear:

Those sentences are wrong in so many ways.  I am wondering if the youths were black, and the dude was white.  Wait a second.  Back in those days would they have put black guys on TV?

16 hours ago, dhjohns said:

Those sentences are wrong in so many ways.  I am wondering if the youths were black, and the dude was white.  Wait a second.  Back in those days would they have put black guys on TV?

All the interested parties were white, nearly laughed my ass off when Joe Friday gave his holier than thou speech to one of the youths involved with marijuana, I think prolly Joe had just watched Reefer Madness! lol

15 minutes ago, frankl1n said:

All the interested parties were white, nearly laughed my ass off when Joe Friday gave his holier than thou speech to one of the youths involved with marijuana, I think prolly Joe had just watched Reefer Madness! lol

It's a f*cking shame.  Those white boys are still in jail, and here we are toking with reckless abandon. :( 

The badge number is 714 just like qualudes!

All sorts of constitutional rights violated, plus lies about LSD.  I should know as I have taken it many times.  I seriously doubt the LSD killed him if in fact the story is true.  He probably took other stuff.

11 hours ago, dhjohns said:

The badge number is 714 just like qualudes!

lol

11 hours ago, dhjohns said:

All sorts of constitutional rights violated, plus lies about LSD.  I should know as I have taken it many times.  I seriously doubt the LSD killed him if in fact the story is true.  He probably took other stuff.

Yea probably died from some meds his Dr prescribed, there is a lot of that going on recently especially with opioids.

4 hours ago, frankl1n said:

lol

Yea probably died from some meds his Dr prescribed, there is a lot of that going on recently especially with opioids.

He didn't die from LSD, that is for sure.  I personally knew a guy who did a whole sheet of blotter at once, 40 hits of acid, and tripped for 3 days with no problems.

Archived