Be My Eyes - Bringing sight to blind and low-vision people

Myna

Please take a moment to check out this app named Be My Eyes. This is a free to use app using which you might make a huge difference to someone else's life, who isn't as fortunate as the rest of us.

So, what is this app all about? Be My Eyes is a free app that connects blind and low-vision people with sighted volunteers and company representatives for visual assistance through a live video call.

How it works

Every day, sighted volunteers lend their eyes to solve tasks big and small to help blind and low-vision people lead more independent lives.

Blind or low-vision person requests assistance

As a blind or low-vision person, whenever you need visual assistance, our volunteers are happy to help. Through the live video call, you and a volunteer can communicate directly and solve a problem. The volunteer will help guide which direction to point your camera, what to focus on or when to turn on your torch.

Sighted volunteer receives video call

As a sighted volunteer you can help just by installing the Be My Eyes app. A blind or a low-vision user may need help with anything from checking expiry dates, distinguishing colors, reading instructions or navigating new surroundings.

m9oyuiN.jpg

Don't worry, you won't be bombarded by calls everyday. I've installed this app a few days back, and as of today, I've received only one call. And the app doesn't ask for unnecessary permissions nor any personal details apart from the usual Name and email address.

• Views 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived