• Administrator

I don't like to see this - Link available to subscribers. :(

I want that spammers blockin link.

• Replies 36
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DKT27 - I know those are VIP list..I think only available from iBlocklist

@harpua - Yeah I tried both of those.. for some reason.. I don't know exactly.. but it seems it blocks out my ISP..and I loose connection to the Internet when I use either.. but I do have them in my list manager..( could be my DNS server too, I would have to look again )

Bogon, Spider, Hijacked, Dshield...but I don't have them on .. they are there just in case I move to another connection...

I think the main thing I wonder is if my Government List from PeerGuardian and my Level 1,2 and 3 lists are over lapping...I have wondered that for awhile because I want to only really have it optimized as much as possible.. but little to no information is provided between the three sites to make a sound decision.. without tearing it apart and using WinMerge or something.. and even at that it may not be accurate..

Well there probably is some overlap but it shouldn't cause any harm. A range can only be blocked once no matter how many times it shows up in various lists you may be using. And, it's true, some entries on various lists can interfere with the proper functioning of your network connection. You can always right click an entry that is causing trouble and permanently allow it.

I don't use the level 2 and 3 lists. I think the level 1 list gets most of the important stuff and the other lists I mentioned I like too, but of course if they cause trouble for you, you can't use them unless you can figure out which entries are causing the problem and then you can individually permanently allow those.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally made the move to this today.. this past week and weekend I had two crashes with PG2.. and never have before.. BUT I am not happy about two things.. It will not allow the Trojan list from Bluetack, Government from PG, nor Level 1 from iBlocklist..So I have had to improvise several things...So far so good.. took me about 2 hours to get the list and things updated and setup correctly..Mainly because of getting the settings and everything plus I added more list and updated them once.. ( all of them ) Then disabled what I had to .. to be able to properly surf, log on to e-mail accounts, things lie that .. same issue I had with the lists before so they are working.. LOL.. I do know how to lock it down though .. If anyone knows why the list cannot be verified, or added please let me know.. there may be something new to this version I don't know about

EDIT: Oh I was able to enable all of them too and keep my connection..which is different from the old PG2..

The second I heard about this program I dumped PG2 and installed PB. So happy to be rid of the outdated and buggy PG2 for something that is being actively developed. No regrets at all here.

On that point I do have to gree.. I think the trust level I had with it is what kept me clinging to it.. Was always hoping that developement was going to proceed as time passed.. but here we are..

• Administrator

Just for keeps, this Beta has never crashed for me.

Noticed one more thing.. You can't have a list in your list manager.. without it updating it, and using it n the filter.. IANA Reserved for Private use was blocking my router and DNS communication today because of it.. and they were all disabled.. I had to delete the lists to get it to work..So unchecking them isn't being applied.. There also wasn't an area in the .conf to cover it either ( if that is where its supposed to be. )

Yeah I know.. I was kinda giving the thread owner a chance to post it up.. I need to start making new topics for my stuff I have been putting up too, instead of just editing the topic.. Most of mine don't get a lot of buzz anyways though.. but is something I should be doing.. Thanks jalaffr..! :P

Archived