[Solved] Is it possible to send files from one PC to another using same WIFI?

Fame

Me and brother use same wifi. I wanted to know if I can send files from my PC to his PC/Laptop so that I won't need to take data in Pen drive from his laptop and then connect to mine, instead I shall directly transfer files from his laptop to mine if possible

. If yes, then how? I also need to know whether it will use my bandwidth.

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes ... use superbeam pc app and
drag and drop file to it.
ask your brother to open the web page as seen on .. superbeam app .. it will be like 192.168.-

that just one method. there are others too. i dont use that..
i wud also luv to know if there any other easy way.. ,if any of our nsaneforums member know.

Ans 2 - No it will not cost your actual Internet Bandwidth. i.e you wont be charged for that.

Yes is possible, and there are many possibilities. I recommend to use the Google search.
The easiest, use Microsoft HomeGroup. The only prerequisite is - the both of the computers must support this feature, ie must have Professional, Ultimate, ... (Home, Home Premium does not allow, at least so I remember).

9 minutes ago, Celzius said:

No,You won't be charged for the bandwidth. Whilst you can use Shareit App which is available for all platforms.

What sense won't if has used for years?

Yes, you can.

The easy way is mentioned by @Kalju: use Microsoft HomeGroup.

But for me the HomeGroup is not working because I mess with registry setting and too lazy to restore it. Lucky I still can access another PC in my network through Windows Explorer -> Network.

If for some reason you cant network them maybe use teamviewer and then you both could access each others full computer even with no input from each other if you wanted on lan only.

I would use homegroup kalju is right You can use third party apps (might be faster to use a third party app).  When I want to copy files from one computer to a different computer I use my usb drive or I enable file sharing in windows then make sure my drive I want to copy files to is shared and the drive on the computer you want to copy a file off of make sure the drive the file is on on that computer is shared then refresh if necessary and you can copy the file you want I would recommend you turn file sharing off when your done as keeping it enabled on both computers is a security issue.  You can also do what mikie suggested again your installing a third party application to get the job done if you do get a third party application and dont want to keep it get a portable version if you can if not use it when your done uninstall it.  If you decide to use teamviewer download the free for non commercial use file install it and make sure you put your using teamviewer for free non commercial use option then install it.  Your going to have to install teamviewer on both computers to use team viewer.

You can setup a NAS using an external drive attached to your router and and store and share files with it.  This is more secure than using homegroup or a third party app and would also allow you to set it up so you could securely access those files when you are connected to a different network.

Old school way is set the workgroup on each system the same and share a folder on each computer... Control Panel, System, Change settings (under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings)  Change the Workgroup on each CPU to like Workgroup1 (and restart each machine).  No other programs needed and the files will transfer from one cpu to the other through your local nat. No other programs needed.

Everything is easy, but be warned in advance, on Windows 10 you may experience some problems, because there is default settings slightly different than before was.
I did that just a few days ago, there is no difficulties and everything works well.

5 hours ago, Kalju said:

Yes is possible, and there are many possibilities. I recommend to use the Google search.
The easiest, use Microsoft HomeGroup. The only prerequisite is - the both of the computers must support this feature, ie must have Professional, Ultimate, ... (Home, Home Premium does not allow, at least so I remember).

Thanks. Using Homegroup seems easiest method with files being transferred at a speed of about 2-5mb per second.

Using a nas means you must have one or have to buy one Im sure fame isnt interested in spending fifty to one hundred dollars to buy a nas to transfer one file.  I would use the method that doesnt require you to download a third party application or have to spend money on a nas.

Archived