Help needed regarding a Samsung printer

rudrax

A friend of me has bought a Samsung printer (ML-2166W) from online without my consent and brought to me for installation.

So I installed the printer and tried printing a page. But the printed paper came out faintly printed. I can only read the first and last word of a line. In the center of the paper its like blank. I doubt that the cartridge is getting empty. Anything else? 

And I tried connecting it through wifi. But it has asked me a password. I searched the manual but didn't find any. WTF? 

Anyone? 

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure:

dirty cartridge?

password of your wifi network?

6 hours ago, rudrax said:

A friend of me has bought a Samsung printer (ML-2166W) from online without my consent and brought to me for installation.

So I installed the printer and tried printing a page. But the printed paper came out faintly printed. I can only read the first and last word of a line. In the center of the paper its like blank. I doubt that the cartridge is getting empty. Anything else? 

And I tried connecting it through wifi. But it has asked me a password. I searched the manual but didn't find any. WTF? 

Anyone? 

try to reset printer back to manufactory defaults.

open on the display settings and wifi and give in the new settings.

check the status for the ink tanks.

hope it helps

6 hours ago, rudrax said:

And I tried connecting it through wifi. But it has asked me a password. I searched the manual but didn't find any.

The default user ID is: "admin" and the default password is "sec00000."

That's from Samsung help. If it's had the passwd changed you will have to reset it.

Take the toner cartridge out and gently shake it back and forth to even the toner level in the cartridge. Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the  tab from left to right and right to left several times.

The support website has these things listed:

• If a vertical white streak or faded area appears on the page, the toner supply is low. Install a new toner cartridge (see Replacing the toner cartridge).

• The paper may not meet paper specifications; for example, the paper may be too moist or rough.

• If the entire page is light, the print resolution setting is too low or the toner save mode is on. Adjust the print resolution and turn the toner save mode off. See the help screen of the printer driver.

• A combination of faded or smeared defects may indicate that the toner cartridge needs cleaning. Clean the inside of your machine (see Cleaning the machine).

• The surface of the LSU part inside the machine may be dirty. Clean the inside of your machine (see Cleaning the machine). If these steps do not correct the problem, contact a service representative.

However since it's new the starter cartridge probably needs to be shaken up to distribute the toner inside, follow the steps mentioned by pepperoni, it works.

Archived