Deploying Windows and Office to 80+ laptops

johndoe

Hi there, in the very near future, I might be required to deploy Windows (version unknown although personally I would prefer Win7) and Office (version unknown) to 80+ freshly purchased Lenovo laptops.  My question is, how may I go about it with regards to activation and SIDs.  Could I activate Windows 7 with DAZ 2.2.2 and deploy it on multiple machines?  Would activation stick?  If I was required to use a higher version of Windows (8.1 or 10), which might be the best method of activation (KMS AutoNet?) and would activation stick across multiple identical laptops?  How might identical SIDs be handled post activation on the sample machine?  Might I use Ghost or some/any Acronis tool to handle image creation/deployment?

With regards to Office, if the required version was 2013 or 2016, might I be able to go with C2R install by Ratiborus?  Would activation stick across multiple identical laptops?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For this scenario, I would recommend Paragon (first choice) or Acronics (second choice).

Installed OS and Office,

Update OS and Office (Optional)

Use Paragon/Aacronics dis-similar Hardware or Universal restore feature.

Once I have deployed over 100s PC with Win7 and office 2007. I and had used Paragon.

1 minute ago, child said:

For this scenario, I would recommend Paragon (first choice) or Acronics (second choice).

Installed OS and Office,

Update OS and Office (Optional)

Use Paragon/Aacronics dis-similar Hardware or Universal restore feature.

Once I have deployed over 100s PC with Win7 and office 2007. I and had used Paragon.

But what about activation?  How to ensure I don't have to go and manually activate Windows and Office on 80+ machines?

AFAIK, there is no permanent fix exp on the newer offices... you have to manually reactivate MSO every 180 days...

Also make sure the OS and AV does not delete the "medicines" as this will always be flagged as malware

For Windows 7: New laptops might come without CSM feature in the UEFI and Daz loader will not work, except if the UEFI contains a SLIC then you can use Daz loader to insert serial and certificate and it will be legit for life.

For windows 8 and newer: OEM computers usually have windows product licenses embedded in the UEFI so if it's new laptops you could probably just install the windows for which it's licensed and that will solve half of your problem.

22 hours ago, LeetPirate said:

For windows 8 and newer: OEM computers usually have windows product licenses embedded in the UEFI so if it's new laptops you could probably just install the windows for which it's licensed and that will solve half of your problem.

Assuming the laptop came with an OEM license.. if you bought laptops with a no OS option, there will be no embed license in the BIOS. and you are forced to BUY a OEM installer

Then you have to hunt down the specific installer disk for the licensed OS

Note you can match Single Language with Pro Installers .. and you have to be sure the language variant is right 

i.e. UK-EN language wont work if your license is US-EN...

RE: Sticky activations, the only ones that will stick are the LEGALLY bought licenses...

Archived