Opera 37.0.2178.54

anuraag

Opera is a web browser developed by Opera Software. Features include tabbed browsing, page zooming, mouse gestures, and an integrated download manager. Its security features include built-in phishing and malware protection and the ability to delete private data such as HTTP cookies. Opera is designed with your life in mind. The day is short and productivity is essential, so let the Opera Web browser help you tackle your 'to do' list.

Download

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One important thing not mentioned in the blog post: this build fixes the issue in the last build where the VPN was dead.

7 minutes ago, rseiler said:

One important thing not mentioned in the blog post: this build fixes the issue in the last build where the VPN was dead.

I'm afraid were China  bought it out it's going to end up like Maxthon  were it calls home to China .  It already has the tracking in place it just needs switched over to China instead of Norway.China has a law were they require back doors in there software and I uninstalled once i read about the takeover.  . :)

Indeed. Opera being sold to a Chinese company is the end of the browser for me. 

Shame, because in my opinion they were adding great features to it recently. 

10 minutes ago, xyzdev said:

Indeed. Opera being sold to a Chinese company is the end of the browser for me. 

Shame, because in my opinion they were adding great features to it recently. 

All that pre installed Lenvo spyware was from a Chinese PC maker and the latest thing I read about them they are putting back doors in cheap Android TV boxes  .. Since the New law even if you buy electronics from China that come with pre installed software  its best to wipe it and reinstall software from the developers and not  use the Chinese vendors version of it  .

I heard Qihoo 360 has previously problems with their products and they add ads to everything they touch. I wouldn't be surprised if they killed Opera with them as soon as they get their hands on it. 

Novak Gregor

I always used Opera as my default browser (since v9 I think). It always worked (still works) much better than FF or Crome (IE for me is not a browser, but a spying tool). And now, when a takeover will be finished, we have on disposal Opera by Chinese, over bloated FF (it used to be an excellent browser, now it's a slow bloat ware) & Chrome, which is fast, but it calls home (Google inc.) all the time (for "anonymous" info gathering, completely "innocent". Yeah, right!). So, which one to pick? Any suggestions? Anything which is NOT IE based browser. Thanx & enjoy!

2 hours ago, Novak Gregor said:

So, which one to pick? Any suggestions? Anything which is NOT IE based browser.

I have a feeling that Vivaldi browser is gonna have a sudden surge of new users nows. :)

I had used Opera until 12.x for over an decade. In fact, i still have Opera license key that i bought; when it was a paid software. But, 12.x on wards, it became dead slow and most of the basic features of the browser were remove including "bookmarks, sidebar" etc. So, i got a move to Firefox, but that was ted slow. Next moved to Chrome, it's faster but of late a lots of sites have developed compatibility issues with it, so time again to make a move....but certainly not to Opera.

When Opera being sold to a Chinese company , I have removed Opera and nerver use it again.

On 5/30/2016 at 6:11 PM, Moist_nugget said:

Opera's built-in adblocker seems to do good job. :)

Opera Speed Test argues that if nsaneform.com page would not be useless rubbish ie it would be without ads, then it opens a page to 62% faster.
It is so interesting - every day we speak how to block ads, but even here are so much absolutely useless and hated advertisements. Why they should be here? Is this really the only one method to live?
screenshot.png

22 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Opera Speed Test argues that if nsaneform.com page would not be useless rubbish ie it would be without ads, then it opens a page to 62% faster.

If you dont like the way the site is maintained you're free  to start you're own forum were you pay for everything out you're own pocket . There's not many sites that dont have ads nowadays  unless they offer a ad free subscription for money as well... only nsane uses infolinks  most sites have way more ads than this :P

52 minutes ago, steven36 said:

If you dont like the way the site is maintained you're free  to start you're own forum were you pay for everything out you're own pocket . There's not many sites that dont have ads nowadays  unless they offer a ad free subscription for money as well... only nsane uses infolinks  most sites have way more ads than this :P

Where it is stated that, like it or dislike it? Where is this place?

And finally, you really is not this one, who decides, what can say and what not?

6 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Where it is stated that, like it or dislike it? Where is this place?

And finally, you really is not this one, who decides, what can say and what not?

No one said i was , but  this site is like any other site you have a choice  do you want see ads or not you're the master of you're own density  install a ad blocker  if you dont like it . It just like when i visit other sites and all the noobs complain about the ads I dont see no ads at all  . Sometimes it's best to just let the noobs be noobs  so sites dont try to counteract  the adblock but most people on nsane already knows about adblockers  they even post updates for them here even though they rather you not block ads if you cant donate  you still have a choice .  There's no rule saying you cant block ads here if there was id leave  because i dont trust ads not to be laced with malware. :)

12 hours ago, hdhxppro said:

When Opera being sold to a Chinese company , I have removed Opera and nerver use it again.

It should be mentioned that the deal has not quite gone through yet. Also, Qihoo 360 is only a minority partner in the deal. The majority partner is Kunlun, which publishes Angry Birds in China.

Archived