Improper Uploading Speeds (uTorrent)

SacredCultivator

@ Like how many posts later..LOL

Okay the filters I am speaking of can be downloaded and put into your uTorrent folder, they are not updated automatically.. but if you have one in there it would be good to check it..update or delete..uTorrent will use it by default but of course being that these entries change in the file.. it sometimes can have a negative effect, with your connections.

IF you change your TCP/IP setting with the Half-Open Limit fix.. you can change the number I was talking about in uTorrent to use however many connections you want ( without hogging all of them and it can sometimes help ). Ex.. 100 connections you can set it at like 80, and still have 20 for surfing and w/e..

I know this sounds stupid.. but have you upgraded the program lately, and have you checked your limiting within the program.. There are several places that can effect it..even if you know you haven't done anything with it..Several things can change it.. including the speed test( Speed Guide ) you can do with uTorrent...

Sometimes when update to major version changes, its good to wipe out all your files and set up again. Residual settings data can reside in the .dat files, which can cause a lot of random issues. All of that can be covered at uTorrent's forum..

If you are running nothing at all, and do a speed test at a site, and still get the same result then something else is responsible.. Like your ISP, or maybe even recent changes that have been going on concerning Torrent traffic..

Anyway atleast you got the DNS thing fixed..lol

Wish ya luck..

• Replies 29
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay deleted them all.

Currently have NetLimiter Disabled

And hmmm I guess I should ask about if they happened to have implemented any new throttling methods.

For uTorrent have always had that 'Protocal Encyrption' enabled and Forced.

EDIT:

I don't know if this matters as I never tried till now...

When I try to "Repair" my connection, it does everything until the end and 'errors' by saying that it couldn't reset the DNS or something... So not too sure if that has always been like that, since i haven't done it till now as I never had problems.

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be complted:

Clearing the DNS cache"

Just a question, have you checked the DNS Client service to see that it is running? Perhaps you disabled it by accident when you were tweaking your list of services. This might just be a far fetched idea though. I hope you get through.

PS. reinstalling the OS for every little problem is never the right solution unless you have tons of free time to waste. :D

Just a question, have you checked the DNS Client service to see that it is running? Perhaps you disabled it by accident when you were tweaking your list of services. This might just be a far fetched idea though. I hope you get through.

He answered that already.

Ahh.. I just realize di had the DNS service turned off which caused those errors, but no difference in regard to speeds.
PS. reinstalling the OS for every little problem is never the right solution unless you have tons of free time to waste. :D

Spot on :bag:

He answered that already.
hmm, somehow I read and didn't see it first time around, lol.

SacredCultivator

Okay weird... I guess on my end the ISP was just slow to actualyl 'fix itself'...

As I woke up today to find that my Upload speed seems to have fixed tiself, it is a little slower but I checked my ISP's website and they phased out the package I have 4Mbps, and replaced that with a 6Mbps/700Kbps, so I assume they might have dropped the upload speed of the 4Mbps a bit since before my upload was 700Kbps I believe and now it's just a little lower.

Gonna see throughout the day to see if it is stabel like this as currently it looks fine but you just never know.

Archived