Google Chrome 50.0.2661.87

anuraag

Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Google Chrome also uses a brand new javascript engine (V8), which is much faster than existing javascript interpreters. This means you can create more complex and more intensive AJAX applications with fewer speed and processing constraints. Finally, Google Chrome is built on top of Blink (WebKit fork), so Google Chrome users will benefit from the CSS3 features being added to Blink (WebKit fork) as those features are released.

Thanks to dickmaster for the update.

Download

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portable Google Chrome 50.0.2661.87 32-64 bit Multilingual Online

By PortableAppZ

Download Portable Chrome 32-64 bit MultiVersion Online (0.5 MB)

Check Stable for latest 50.x.x.x
Check Beta for latest 51.x.x.x

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /download/zg9jpdyw3d040d3/Chrome_Portable_MultiVersion_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe

Need run online installer for update

Extract and run ChromePortable .
If you want to add parameters, start in incognito mode, not set cache in temp, not delete cache or allow multiple instances: edit *Portable.ini.
Example: AdditionalParameters=--app=http://portableappz.blogspot.com
Settings of installed Chromeor Iron should be preserved.

Has anyone had any luck using the update feature in the 64Bit Version? I know many people had problems updating the 32Bit Version because they didn't run it as the admin, but I can't get the x64 version to update even running as admin. I don't want to uninstall every update so if anyone can help, please do so.

51 minutes ago, CarterTaz said:

Has anyone had any luck using the update feature in the 64Bit Version? I know many people had problems updating the 32Bit Version because they didn't run it as the admin, but I can't get the x64 version to update even running as admin. I don't want to uninstall every update so if anyone can help, please do so.

Did you receive an error message or did it just fail without reason?

59 minutes ago, CarterTaz said:

Has anyone had any luck using the update feature in the 64Bit Version? 

Can you may clarify a bit, how or when update does not work? I don't have any problem.
The only thing you need to watch that, Chrome is installed correctly, this meaning that each installer are not suitable and each instal place as well as not.
Chrome64 must be installed in folder which location is

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application (if 64-bit pc)

and

%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application (if 32-bit pc)

Google Chrome update cannot work if You use portable version or whatever other instal directory or/and location.

Thanks Kalju. OK when I installed GC x64, I installed it to it's default location (made no changes to loc), but after checking where you say it should be, only crash reports are in my proper x64 location (your info above). Main program installed to user\NAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application. So your version installed to proper location. That's strange that mine didn't.

Yes, if there is something wrong, or some another version has previously been installed, Chrome will be installed, where you said, but then it will never update automatically.
Chrome needs to be, where I said before, regardless of whether you use a 32-bit or 64-bit version

Thanks for all the help Kalju. This is my 1st time with the x64 version (waiting for password program to support x64). I know for sure that the x32 was in proper location, and I used Revo to uninstall x32 version and CClearer after uninstall. I don't know why it went to the strange location when I install x64.

On Portableapps.com version 50.0.2661.75 is still ready to download instead the newer version 50.0.2661.87, Kalju made it possibel with his NEW online version 50.02661.87 witch is working like a charm

Many thanks for your online version Kalju!

wallofasgard

Installing over the previous version works fine with me (64bit)..no uninstallation needed for me since i am using the offline installer provided here in the forumboard eversince.And yeah it was not installed in default location (Program Files).

Just a follow up, the latest version 50.0.2661.87, installed to the proper Program Files (x86) location. It appears to be checking for updates with no problems. I guess Google figured out what the problem was.

Note: I wish Google would give you the option to install it where you want. But it is all auto after you click install. NO OPTIONS.

Archived