I need help with this asus mobo z170m-plus

bruinator

• Replies 8
  • Views 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bruinator said:

Does anyone use this board? If so, can you plz help me as support ppl from Philippines  are morons.

It would help if you also posted your problem since other ASUS boards may have a similar problem.  It will also reduce the number of posts and get you an answer quicker.

34 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

It would help if you also posted your problem since other ASUS boards may have a similar problem.  It will also reduce the number of posts and get you an answer quicker.

they keep on giving me different pin connections. Currently, my ethernet cable is lit so i assume there is power hooked up correctly, right? If so, I would like the correct pin position for my fan that comes with the case. There is a molex connector and a 3 pin connector that comes with the fan. Any help is appreciated.

C.G.B. Spender

if the fan cable is 3pin then regardless of whether you power it via the molex connector or plug it in motherboard it will always spin at top speed. Consequently if the motherboard only provides 3 pin connectors to plug the fans in regardless whether it's 3pin or 4pin fan it will always spin the same speed

If it is 4 pin a.k.a. pwm fan cable, and the motherboard fan connectors are 4 pin too it's better to plug it into the motherboard as then it is regulated by bios or motherboard software, i.e. it's spinning slower when system is not under load.

In both cases there is only one correct position and the connector won't go in the other way, I can't find the words to describe it why as english ain't my mother language, but it's the same principle as usb connector, it only goes in one way, unless you use hammer.

Don't use hammer.

so whether 3 pin pin connector to the mobo or via the molex it should spin, correct? So if it dont fan is diffective. If that is the issue, i am wondering if a case fan is the same size in all cases and i can use a fan from another case? Plz let me know if this is true plz?

thx

C.G.B. Spender

If the fan doesn't spin even on the molex then imho it's most likely faulty. I have 12 fans in my case of several sizes 12cm, 14cm and 20cm and all of them run from motherboard connectors and PWM splitters without any issue.

C.G.B. Spender

Sure, shouldn't be any problem with that just make sure the diameter of the fan is correct so that it fits over the screw holes in the case, probably 90% of regular non-gaming cases use 120mm fans.

Archived