asus x301a screen wont turn on help

vase070

ok so i have an asus x301a  laptop and the screen wont turn on BUT i can hear the windows booting and everything, i tried hooking it to another monitor via HDMI and VGA and the screen does indeed show then but the laptop screen does not show anything 

what do i try any ideas ? 

• Replies 6
  • Views 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't have an Asus Laptop but the FN/F8 key combo on my laptop turns the laptop screen off and on.  It might be a different combination on your laptop but have you tried that?

29 minutes ago, Beamslider said:

Don't have an Asus Laptop but the FN/F8 key combo on my laptop turns the laptop screen off and on.  It might be a different combination on your laptop but have you tried that?

tried that does not work:(

Whoopenstein

Sounds like the backlight in the LCD is burned out or there's a bad wire/solder connection to it.  Sometimes the inverter board is bad (it feeds the power to the backlight)

29 minutes ago, Whoopenstein said:

Sounds like the backlight in the LCD is burned out or there's a bad wire/solder connection to it.  Sometimes the inverter board is bad (it feeds the power to the backlight)

hm so what do you suggest new lcd screen ? 

Whoopenstein
9 hours ago, vase070 said:

hm so what do you suggest new lcd screen ? 

Well, the inverter board is usually located in the base of the laptop, not with the LCD. I would probably get a new LCD screen for it.

3 hours ago, Whoopenstein said:

Well, the inverter board is usually located in the base of the laptop, not with the LCD. I would probably get a new LCD screen for it.

hm thought so myself do you know any good site to order one online ? i should search ebay i guess 

Archived