Lenovo Graphics Driver Update

J.D

A year ago I bought a Lenovo B50-70 Lappy, Intel i5 and put a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD in it - OS is Win7 Pro x64

All works fine except never been happy with the graphics display colours and brightness .There was a recent driver update dated February 2015 .

There was no noticeable improvement so I waited for further updates but there has been none .The Graphics is an Intel 4400 but it will not allow me

to use an Intel driver update where there are many drivers much later than Lenovo's modified version dated Feb' 2015 .(the msg is to use the manufacturers driver)

My question is: Is there a way of using Intel drivers of much later dates that might fix the poor quality problems and if so how do you do it to get around Lenovo's protection)

If there is away around the problem, I hope it won't screw up my Lappy or damage anything

Thanks guys for any help  

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I have D/L Intel drivers and tried:

1) Using the setup exe where the installation will not start and and error msg says to obtain the driver from the computer manufacturers site

2)Via Device Manager I've tried using Update Driver and point it to a folder containing all the files from the zip - the msg given there is I have the best driver already installed  

Tried Driver Booster several times where it does identify the correct Intel driver but cannot install it with the error msg as in 1 above 

Thanks for your help anyway 

Sorry to hear it...

31 minutes ago, J.D said:

Tried Driver Booster several times where it does identify the correct Intel driver but cannot install it with the error msg as in 1 above 

Thanks for your help anyway 

:idea:The next time you consider buying a notebook, buy it from a company that allows you to update drivers other than their own.
HP is one o' them. :pizza:

Thanks Joe, I have 10 18 10 3993 dated Feb 2015 currently installed (Intel Video Driver(x64) for Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)) 

3 hours ago, J.D said:

A year ago I bought a Lenovo B50-70 Lappy, Intel i5 and put a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD in it - OS is Win7 Pro x64

All works fine except never been happy with the graphics display colours and brightness .There was a recent driver update dated February 2015 .

There was no noticeable improvement so I waited for further updates but there has been none .The Graphics is an Intel 4400 but it will not allow me

to use an Intel driver update where there are many drivers much later than Lenovo's modified version dated Feb' 2015 .(the msg is to use the manufacturers driver)

My question is: Is there a way of using Intel drivers of much later dates that might fix the poor quality problems and if so how do you do it to get around Lenovo's protection)

If there is away around the problem, I hope it won't screw up my Lappy or damage anything

Thanks guys for any help  

Try uninstalling everything with a program mentioned on nsane, display driver uninstaller (i think) - then try install the latest one from intel.

I am having same problem with my Pentium N3700 based Lenovo yoga 300 notebook. Latest drivers from intel don't work and lenovo is always too late to stick with latest drivers.

You need to uninstall the drivers and use a driver cleaner this is like trying to downgrade directx directx wont let you install a earlier version of directx because of a migration file.  Uninstall the driver and search for any remnants using a device driver cleaner and then try to install the driver you want to install.

I have two ThinkPad laptops from Lenovo ( X220 - I5 & T450s - I7 ).

Always I am using an app. called ThinkVantage System Update in order to update my drivers onto them.

Generally, I am happy with this way, even if they make and some mistakes sometimes :  for e.g one week ago a new bios update for T450s was released and appeared into the app. , but the file has not been downloaded for several times. Only after some days it has been downloaded and installed .

There isn't also an app. to update drivers for non - business laptops from Lenovo?

look to the label on down side of your laptop. there u can find your  model number looks  like 2****(5 digits)

go to Lenovo support site & download previous driver,then install thru device manager-update driver-browse for driver software on your computer.

dq28gkyboncg.jpg

Intel driver updater sucks imo.

unfortunatelly all TN matrix nowday's notebooks r shitty so if u need good colors-IPS notebooks r only one solution.

btw.u can try to correct colors thru control panel-display-color calibration

phjw8nx1gsvj.jpg

@gipsy Yep, TN panel sucks specially when you have 360 degree rotating touchscreen laptop. Viewing angles are very poor and average clarity.

Sorry, it's a bit off topic though.

random fact-best colors i  got  on TN was on windows 8.1,win 7 & 10 colors sucks even when i tried calibrate a display thru

Atrise Lutcurve

Outcome, I down-graded to previous driver and it looks much better .:D

Thanks guys 

Archived