My possible build

bruinator

Just now, bruinator said:

Thank you for all you have done. Now I just have to sell my tablet so i can order it.  lol

Oh this happens. I also had to sell my laptop to build my desktop. Well if you are looking for a bit of stylish Cabinet here I found one for you http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16811156331

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, hopefully this will be my final build and if someone can verify this is all compatible I would greatly appreciate it.

PC_Build.jpg

Thx

7 minutes ago, bruinator said:

Ok, hopefully this will be my final build and if someone can verify this is all compatible I would greatly appreciate it.

PC_Build.jpg

Thx

Yep, fully compatible :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, rudrax said:

Yep, fully compatible :thumbsup:

Thank you so very much rudrax and everyone for all your help. I appreciate it.

• Administrator
20 hours ago, rudrax said:

Look for a cabinet with PSU included. This way the cost will be less. As you are not using a discrete GPU, PSU doesn't need to come with the best specification. Moreover the build is highly power efficient. It will hardly put any thottle one the PSU. Look for brands like Corsair, CoolerMaster, Circle, Thermaltake. 

Not right. All the local Indian PC makers selling PSUs together with the case are complete idiots. PSU is one of the most important part of the computer, with each part in it being important and should never be ignored. Also, while Corsair and Coolermaster make PSUs, their cheap PSU are complete bs, with some not delivering proper watts, some having voltage problems, some having ripples, which can damage the computer components. As for Circle, stay away from it and iBall. They are considered one of the worst companies, with no protections like Over voltage, over current, over power and many other things. See this. On the first post, click on See Full Content. The first tier considered the best with the second considered quite good.

I suggest you go through this site. See some of the reviews of the PSU, see how each and every component matters and how PSUs perform.

This is where something like SeaSonic comes. It is a good PSU maker which also makes top expensive PSUs for other companies like Corsair and such companies. It uses Japanese capacitors and is made of high quality materials and is quite reliable.

10 hours ago, bruinator said:

Thx

Seems good. But do not ignore the PSU. Seasonic one you had mentioned earlier G-500 or something, is still important I think.

@DKT27, May be you are right. But I bought one Circle cabinet with PSU included and it's running quite well for about 1.5 year now. iBall, Zebronics ones were blown up, 3 of them :tehe:

CoolerMaster is one of the top manufacturers of PSUs. So I don't think that they will compromise their reputation. Also @bruinator is not having a dedicated GPU. So the PSU won't feel any stress as the 6th gen build is very power efficient. So I don't think this 500W PSU cum Cabinet from CoolerMaster will disappoint. 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, rudrax said:

@DKT27, May be you are right. But I bought one Circle cabinet with PSU included and it's running quite well for about 1.5 year now. iBall, Zebronics ones were blown up, 3 of them :tehe:

CoolerMaster is one of the top manufacturers of PSUs. So I don't think that they will compromise their reputation. Also @bruinator is not having a dedicated GPU. So the PSU won't feel any stress as the 6th gen build is very power efficient. So I don't think this 500W PSU cum Cabinet from CoolerMaster will disappoint. 

I Consider Circle in the same league. Stay away from it. Indian computer makers have no idea.

As for CoolerMaster, I have owned it. Bad ripples problem, cheap fan and such things. Not only that, it had an history of misleading the buyers by having higher numbers in the name / title of the model but the actual model consisting of Watts being just 90% of the promised Watts. Here, I do not mean 90% certified, here I mean selling 460W PSU with box / model named Cooler Master 500, with no W written next to it, making the buyer think it's actually a 500W PSU when it is not so.

Any PSU, no matter what Bronze, Silver, Gold or anything else certificate it gets, whether 80, 90 or 95, needs to deliver the same or sometimes even more amount of power as specified in the specifications.

Seasonic G-360 if he never wants to install a graphics card, Seasonic G-450 if he wants to install a graphics card like GTX 960 later or Seasonic G-550 if he wants to install a really powerful graphics card later. These all are considered among the best made. Seasonic are said to last beyond single build of computers, from what I know about them.

@DKT27 this kind of real life hands on really comes handy and saves the life of newbies. It is not possible for one person to get familiar with everything in the world. So if everyone helps with hia own knowledge, things turns great.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, rudrax said:

@DKT27 this kind of real life hands on really comes handy and saves the life of newbies. It is not possible for one person to get familiar with everything in the world. So if everyone helps with hia own knowledge, things turns great.

Yes, that is right. Like, I have absolutely no experience in SSDs as never owned one nor seen one. :P

12 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Yes, that is right. Like, I have absolutely no experience in SSDs as never owned one nor seen one. :P

I bought one for my friend to build his system. Samsung 850 EVO 120 GB for his boot drive. Boot time is around 6 secs. App's execution time and responsiveness also improve.

For me,  I wish to have a PCIe M.2 NVMe drive one day if Intel's 3D Xpoint is not made available by that time. 

What do u think of this plz:

1 x ($39.99) CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply $39.99      I paid $20

1 x ($34.99) RAIDMAX ATX-404WU Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $34.99                                                 I paid $20

CPU     Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor                                                                                                      I pay  $228.99
Motherboard     Asus Z170M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard                                                                                  I pay  $119.99  
Memory     Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory                                                                                                         I pay  $35.50     
Storage     Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive                                                                                      I pay  $88.00         
                                                                                                                                                                                       Total I pay  $513
                                                            -$417
                                                             $97

Is all this compatible?

thx    

• Administrator
4 hours ago, bruinator said:

1 x ($39.99) CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply $39.99      I paid $20

1 x ($34.99) RAIDMAX ATX-404WU Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $34.99                                                 I paid $20

CPU     Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor                                                                                                      I pay  $228.99
Motherboard     Asus Z170M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard                                                                                  I pay  $119.99  
Memory     Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory                                                                                                         I pay  $35.50     
Storage     Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive                                                                                      I pay  $88.00         
                                                                                                                                                                                       Total I pay  $513
                                                            -$417
                                                             $97

Is all this compatible?

thx    

Looks almost good. PSU has high reviews, case looks good, processor is quite powerful, motherboard fine, SSD is good. As for RAM, I would still recommend Kingston here, which is higher clocked, going for Z170M means you can install higher speed RAM, go for 2666Mhz or more.

Otherwise all seems good from here.

18 hours ago, bruinator said:

Total I pay  $513
                                                            -$417
                                                             $97

Is all this compatible?

thx    

I ended up changing CPU from i5-6600 to i5-6500 and RAM from crucial to g-skill with same specs. Should still be compatible, right guys?

thx

Yes the parts are still compatible. I hope you have opted for DDR4 RAM. 

11 minutes ago, rudrax said:

Yes the parts are still compatible. I hope you have opted for DDR4 RAM. 

Of course. Thx for all your help. It is very much appreciated.

• Administrator

Waiting for the new build. If you have any problems making it, let us know about it.

9 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Waiting for the new build. If you have any problems making it, let us know about it.

THANK YOU AS THAT IS VERY NICE OF YOU TO OFFER.

• Administrator
22 hours ago, bruinator said:

THANK YOU AS THAT IS VERY NICE OF YOU TO OFFER.

Always welcome.

Also, make sure you go through some youtube videos too, just to give you some idea of it.

Archived