Planning to buy a Playstation 4 and i have some questions !

broascadilie

broascadilie

Hi guys

This week i am planning to buy a Playstation 4 and a capture card.I never  had a console before and i pretty much know almost nothing about it.PC gamer so far !

Wanna buy a capture card cuz i would like to do lievstreams on YT and or video recording

Now here comes the questions :) :

1.I have only and my main monitor wich is connected on my pc.Not planning to buy another  monitor.

My monitor has dvi and vga connections and my GPU has the same + hdmi connection

Can i connect my ps4 to my monitor and also be able to switch thru some pc settings back to my desktop ?

2.If it's possible,do i have to buy some cables or will it come in the package with ps4 and how to do this ?

3.Does a ps4 have apps that  let me record and livestream any game ?

4.Do i realy have to pay for internet acces and how much it costs ?

For now this all i want to know regarding ps4 and others mentioned above.

And pls point me to some internet sources for ps4 to learn more

Now for the capture card

As i said, looking to buy one but one wich i should be able to record at atleast 1080/30 FPS and livestreaming at the same values.

Can u guys recommend me a good and reliable one ?

1.Not sure how to connect the capture card to my ps4 and my pc

2.How will it work, will it put alot of stress on my pc at livestreaming and or recording ?

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, broascadilie said:

Hi guys

This week i am planning to buy a Playstation 4 and a capture card.I never  had a console before and i pretty much know almost nothing about it.PC gamer so far !

Wanna buy a capture card cuz i would like to do lievstreams on YT and or video recording

Now here comes the questions :) :

1.I have only and my main monitor wich is connected on my pc.Not planning to buy another  monitor.

My monitor has dvi and vga connections and my GPU has the same + hdmi connection

Can i connect my ps4 to my monitor and also be able to switch thru some pc settings back to my desktop ?

2.If it's possible,do i have to buy some cables or will it come in the package with ps4 and how to do this ?

3.Does a ps4 have apps that  let me record and livestream any game ?

4.Do i realy have to pay for internet acces and how much it costs ?

For now this all i want to know regarding ps4 and others mentioned above.

And pls point me to some internet sources for ps4 to learn more

Now for the capture card

As i said, looking to buy one but one wich i should be able to record at atleast 1080/30 FPS and livestreaming at the same values.

Can u guys recommend me a good and reliable one ?

1.Not sure how to connect the capture card to my ps4 and my pc

2.How will it work, will it put alot of stress on my pc at livestreaming and or recording ?

Thanks

elgato hd pro 60 internal if you have space & a decent PC & you can afford that little bit extra in price.

The ps4 and xbox one both have the Twitch app built in for live streaming without the capture card but its very basic.

Multiplayer benefits on PSN. What is PlayStation Plus?

Recommended Webcam

Recommended Mic

The stress you put your PC under depends on the specs and how old it is. I recommend an Intel i3+ & GTX 750+ for the basic streamer.

1. Yes, you can connect your PC to your monitor using VGA port and connect your PS4 to your monitor using the DVI port on your monitor. 

in your monitor's settings there is an option that lets you choose the signal source displayed on the monitor, use it to switch between PC and PS4.

here is all the output sockets that PS4 has:

PS4-Close-Up.jpg.475b049351ebf3dd2a362f2

as you can see there is no old sockets available, for display only option is HDMI. so your monitor has got only VGA and DVI, choose DVI on monitor cause its better but you need something like a DVI to HDMI (or vice versa) adapter/converter or cable. I recommend the cable because it doesn't put so much pressure on the port but it's your choice.

You don't need to buy a capture card. all you need to do is to press the "share" button on the Dualshock4 (PS4's controller)

By pressing the Share button in-game and selecting Broadcast Gameplay, users can link their PS4 with a Twitch or Ustream account and then stream video almost instantly. You can also use Playstation Eye with this feature, which will give you the option to either be enable or disable this feature.

Obviously you have to pay your ISP to get Internet connection. to play games on PS4 you can buy the game from anyplace and play it offline, like the story mode in GTA V, but if you wanna access online features and multiplayer stuff like GTA Online, then you have to pay a free, which can be monthly or yearly or any time period between them. it's called PSN Playstation network and the subscription you need to buy is called PlayStation®Plus 49.99$/12mo

P.S I don't know about you but I got disappointed when I played GTA V and Just Cause 3 on PC and then tried them on PS4. the frame rate totally sucks, as well as graphic details and textures. (Xbone is even worse!!) also on PS4 you have to pay a monthly fee for PS plus but on PC all you have to do is installing Steam and buy the game with one-time price. Steam lets you broadcast your gaming to whoever you want freely so everyone can see what you're doing in a game real-time.

broascadilie

Hi all

Comming with  few updates

I typed wrong some info in the first place, sry for that

So my monitor also has hdmi,dv-i and vga connections and i was able to connect my ps4 and my pc to the same monitor.I discovered that  my monitor has a button to switch btw sources so it is very easy to switch btw  what i see on ps4 and what i see on my pc.

Regarding video recording on ps4.After some researching and messing around with settings, i can only record 15min of gameplay and i dont like that and only in 720p.

I didnt tryed livestreaming yet directly from my ps4 but i think thats also in 720p only and i want 1080p.

I took @Sonar advice and purchased that elgato capture card and it arrives tommmorow.

If i want to record my voice over my gameplay, i guess the capture card has solid options for that....?

I  have an i5 4440 tacted at 3.2Ghz and an GTx760 and 8gb of rams

Can i use my capture card to record and especialy livestreaming at 1080/30fps, at least ?

What do u think ?

48 minutes ago, broascadilie said:

Hi all

Comming with  few updates

I typed wrong some info in the first place, sry for that

So my monitor also has hdmi,dv-i and vga connections and i was able to connect my ps4 and my pc to the same monitor.I discovered that  my monitor has a button to switch btw sources so it is very easy to switch btw  what i see on ps4 and what i see on my pc.

Regarding video recording on ps4.After some researching and messing around with settings, i can only record 15min of gameplay and i dont like that and only in 720p.

I didnt tryed livestreaming yet directly from my ps4 but i think thats also in 720p only and i want 1080p.

I took @Sonar advice and purchased that elgato capture card and it arrives tommmorow.

If i want to record my voice over my gameplay, i guess the capture card has solid options for that....?

I  have an i5 4440 tacted at 3.2Ghz and an GTx760 and 8gb of rams

Can i use my capture card to record and especialy livestreaming at 1080/30fps, at least ?

What do u think ?

You wont be disappointed with either the internal(obviously better) or external with the elgato many utubes/twitch (big streamers) use that.

For live stream I recommend OBS listed on the twitch website as its free programs

I cant say yes to high quality record or streaming as no one knows until you try it. I know some of the live streamers go with 720/60fps but thats live, i guess offline will be fine at higher quality.

Yup the elgato has everything you will need (a reason i provided a link to the web cam and mic) not to sure about headsets everyone has different opinions.

broascadilie

Well @Sonar, i  have a Samson Q7 as mic and i am pretty happy with it and for headsets i have Creative Fatality.Not interested to buy a camera for now

Thank u for  your advices/opinions so far.We can still debate this further if u fell like it :)

Archived