[HELP] Dell Inspiron N4010 fan problem

Ghazi

Hi, lately my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron N4010 fan stopped working and I searched for it on google and found it would be fan problem. But when checked the fan, it was ok. The technician said that the connection of motherboard is fried. So he made the connection from another circuit which made the fan run faster due to more voltage.

Because of this the laptop battery failed in a month and now its CMOS battery is also dead.

I want to buy a new fan and try to resolder the connection (shown by yellow arrow in picture) myself to make it work.

Please give suggestions on what to do

Thanks in advance

1222.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Hi, lately my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron N4010 fan stopped working and I searched for it on google and found it would be fan problem. But when checked the fan, it was ok. The technician said that the connection of motherboard is fried. So he made the connection from another circuit which made the fan run faster due to more voltage.

Because of this the laptop battery failed in a month and now its CMOS battery is also dead.

I want to buy a new fan and try to resolder the connection (shown by yellow arrow in picture) myself to make it work.

Please give suggestions on what to do

Thanks in advance

1222.jpg

How old is your laptop? that technician seems to be a doctor. I suggest you should buy a new laptop.

check your inbox

btw, you can replace the cmos battery, it's easy.

8 hours ago, Phantomboxe said:

How old is your laptop? that technician seems to be a doctor. I suggest you should buy a new laptop.

Its 2 years old. Can't afford one now. Hoping to buy a ddr4 ram laptop. saving for it now

7 hours ago, masterupc said:

check your inbox

btw, you can replace the cmos battery, it's easy.

sorry didn't get your message in inbox.

I know how to change CMOS battery. but the real problem is power for at least two hours.

Rest is all ok with the laptop. Just this fan issue

5 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Its 2 years old. Can't afford one now. Hoping to buy a ddr4 ram laptop. saving for it now

sorry didn't get your message in inbox.

I know how to change CMOS battery. but the real problem is power for at least two hours.

Rest is all ok with the laptop. Just this fan issue

Here is it

Archived