Windows Firewall Control 4.6.2.0

Matt

• Administrator

Microsoft Windows have already built-in default, free and powerful firewalls, but unfortunately, they lack a simple interface to define own simple rules and can be difficult sometimes to configure them the right way. Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click. WFC is free to use, registered users will get the advantage of learning mode which provides notifications for outgoing blocked connections.

Thanks to Siddharta for the update.

Download

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since 4.6.1.0 my internet randomly stops working. It's something related to svchost.exe. I'm using custom rules and Medium filtering.

Until now it worked good.

This updated version seems to be working fine; however, it seems to have compatibility issues with the zenmate vpn program. I have to set the profile to low filtering in order to get net access. When i use the CyberGhost VPN, i am able to connect to the internet using the default medium filter, so i think it is on zenmates end.

How does the BiniSoft Win Firewall Control compare to the Sphinx-Software Win10 Firewall Control...???

Win10 is new to me,, just over a week now,, and I have been using Comodo up until now in but I thought I might give Windows own firewall a try this time. Heard some good things about it but it has almost no "usable" adjustment levels, so these programs could be a goof idea for me, but even in the last 24 hours I have seen some faults or issues that this one has...

InsaneAl

2 hours ago, InsaneAl said:

How does the BiniSoft Win Firewall Control compare to the Sphinx-Software Win10 Firewall Control...???

Win10 is new to me,, just over a week now,, and I have been using Comodo up until now in but I thought I might give Windows own firewall a try this time. Heard some good things about it but it has almost no "usable" adjustment levels, so these programs could be a goof idea for me, but even in the last 24 hours I have seen some faults or issues that this one has...

InsaneAl

Windows 10 Firewall is good but with windows firewall control you have more full control on in and out internet connections. I test 20 days windows firewall and I say for now is good, but if understand how to create rules and etc.

20 hours ago, spudboy said:

Such as? :)

Sorry, for not getting back sooner,,

by that I meant that it appeared 4.6.1.0 failed to recognize some settings on some PC's and was replaced so quickly with 4.6.2.0, meaning that it may well have been a genuine fault within the program and not individual machines at fault. As soon as I came to this thread and an adjacent one within NSaneforums a few days back, I noticed there may have been a few problems with 4.6.1.0, so I googled around and found a few similar postings of similar niggles plus a few more, and some users opting to go back to 4.6.0.0... I got the feeling that 4610 may have been a "not so good" release (huhhh - just when I was set to try it),, so I looked around for other Windows Firewall controllers and  found "Windows 10 F/C". At first I thought it was the same program but noticed different software company so looked at that one and although it didn't get top notch rating (4 out of 5 constantly), nothing bad was said about it and it seemed to be mentioned regularly when talking about Windows own firewall, although many sites gave Windows built in firewall a good but not great rating for your average home user type.. I'd say like my fellow Nsaner's, many of us in here are probably a bit more than average computer users. As a matter of fact, I'd class some of us as "at risk" type users, meaning that we chase software and go to some depths to get it and/or modify it,, I know I do.. That would probably put us into the at risk category for certain types of attacks because we hop from site to site all day etc.. As I said before, I was using Comodo firewall, found it quite good, especially for setting rules and configuring to your own requirements. I feel like I am going out on a limb trying out Windows firewall, especially as it is so barren with settings and/or controlling options but it may have potential, and, needs a "controller"...

Anyway,  I just wanted an opinion before I began using either controller...Of course, 4.6.2.0 is now out so maybe I might just try that...

Thanks Supdboy

InsaneAl

Archived