Free .edu email, Dreamspark account or Pluralsight account

LjubeGVG

Hey. Can you share your knowledge about creating free .edu email of creating free Dreamspark account or free pluralsight account.

You can activate pluralsight from Dreamspark for three mounts. I want to watch some tutorials on how to do programming.

thanks and may the force be with you :)

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't create a free edu account, there is no such thing.  Those accounts are created by sysadmins (mostly automated) based upon data pulled from enrollment and employee statistics maintained in databases (such as Ellucian Banner).  Dreamspark accounts are not automatic and you cannot create one if the university has not submitted your email address and your level of access to Microsoft for the account.  This is usually done by the Dean or Chair of the School of Business, which includes MIS and other computer related programs.

Many college provided their alumni the opportunity to retain their school email account. Some schools required their alumni to set up a "forward to" personal email address to receive the actual message that was sent to their college email address. 

54 minutes ago, oliverjia said:

Many college provided their alumni the opportunity to retain their school email account. Some schools required their alumni to set up a "forward to" personal email address to receive the actual message that was sent to their college email address. 

Though the email system has changed many times, eventually evolving thru Groupwise to Outllook, I have always had my email account on their server and still do using OWA.  They just limit the account to 600 MB.  And I get to keep it for a lifetime, though I rarely use it except to keep in touch with a few friends.

This is old .edu email trick, not sure it'll work or not.

Spoiler

http://www.donotcrack.com/2013/03/how-to-get-edu-email-free.html

1 hour ago, vissha said:

This is old .edu email trick, not sure it'll work or not.

Hide contents

http://www.donotcrack.com/2013/03/how-to-get-edu-email-free.html

it doesn't work with dreamspark. says not registed domain at dreamspark :)

Archived