Unchecky 0.4.2 Beta

anuraag

Unchecky is a lightweight application that aims to “keep your checkboxes clear.” It automatically unchecks the boxes that allow companies to install promotional crapware on your computer, and issues warnings if you accidentally agree to install something you may not want. This in turn saves time and effort in clicks and it makes it less likely to miss a checkbox of an unwanted offer or potentially unwanted program (pup). Unchecky runs silently in the background of your computer. It uses only a small amount of system resources and can potentially protect your system against installing unsolicited browsers or applications that you didn't intend to install.

Thanks to Astron for the update and PocketAppZ for recommending this software.

Download

Note: New addition to the listings.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used this program for over a year now... It is NOT perfect, but it sure helps noobies when they install "freeware"...

Eliminates the unwanted surprises of the adware that tags along!

So far Unchecky has blocked any and all packaged bundleware that comes with some program installers like Freemake or MediaInfo from installing. To me, this is a must have program and I can't believe this is freeware, when it does so much to prevent unwanted programs from installing on your computer.

I'm very happy to see this program FP'd.

It works great, and I think everyone should have it. Can't even tell you how many times I've been called to fix a computer and it's just a bunch of crap that they unintentionally installed because they didn't uncheck boxes while installing programs they downloaded.

Archived