Suggest Me New Laptop ?

software182

So, for now i have around US$800, i'm going to buy new laptop next week ( probably next month :P )... Well, i do love gaming like PES or FIFA but i'm not a hardcore gamer, I also like doing some video or photo editing.. Can anyone suggest me the best laptop for me ?

Please don't suggest AMD based processors ( i don't need it for now )

For now i have only 1 option :

ASUS Ultrabook K401LB-FR068D :dunno::think: 

Thanks !

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASUS's build quality is exceptional good for the price. I do have one ultrabook from asus for years.

But, I don't know, the particular model have any M.2 socket to add ultra-fast M.2 SSD crads. If that expandable function is available, you should go with your choice.

18 minutes ago, hawk007 said:

ASUS's build quality is exceptional good for the price. I do have one ultrabook from asus for years.

But, I don't know, the particular model have any M.2 socket to add ultra-fast M.2 SSD crads. If that expandable function is available, you should go with your choice.

Thanks, but i think i don't need an SSD for my laptop, i mostly use my daily basis in my PC.

I have another option ASUS Notebook A455LF-WX039D, It's cheaper than first option too bad it only has 2-Cell for the battery...

But thanks anyway !

9 minutes ago, software182 said:

i don't need an SSD for my laptop

Then go with the former one. This model will come with Hybrid HDD as seen in ASUS website.

On 1/31/2016 at 10:10 AM, tonino2424 said:

go with asus as they are the best there is

Hey tony, thanks ! But do you have any option ? 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, software182 said:

Hey tony, thanks ! But do you have any option ? 

Bought a Dell Inspiron some time ago. Working well I think.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, software182 said:

Type ?

Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Not comparable to what you want though.

Reason I mention it is that before buying, I searched a lot and found that ASUS and Dell were considered best in making laptops. I know, I know, do not guess a laptop by it's maker, but, these laptop makers are known for it.

if you love gaming you should consider a notebook not a "netbook". IMHO

Ultraslim solutions overheat badly during gaming

11 hours ago, SMH17 said:

if you love gaming you should consider a notebook not a "netbook". IMHO

Ultraslim solutions overheat badly during gaming

Well, i only do medium games like pes or fifa, ofcourse i won't spend my cash for netbook, it's already dead.

Thanks for your suggestion mate. Got my new lappy today, haven't tested it yet but it looks promising :D

• Administrator
1 hour ago, software182 said:

Thanks for your suggestion mate. Got my new lappy today, haven't tested it yet but it looks promising :D

Is it the same that you mentioned on the first post.

On 2/6/2016 at 0:09 AM, DKT27 said:

Is it the same that you mentioned on the first post.

Hi, yes it is, so far it's good... but i have 2 problems.. for the last 2 days i got 4 BSOD ( kernel_security_check ) all drivers are updated :s.

Second problem is text on several apps look blurry ( My laptop has 1920x1080 Full HD,  i'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ), i have changed the DPI settings fro Personalize --> Display _-> Set to 125%, it's ok now but my desktop looks small ( well, at least it's for me ), i don't have a problem with it, but since my sister will use this lappy and she wears glasses, it would be pain for her to face this one. Is there any workaround to get "normal look" of the desktop ?

7 hours ago, software182 said:

Hi, yes it is, so far it's good... but i have 2 problems.. for the last 2 days i got 4 BSOD ( kernel_security_check ) all drivers are updated :s.

Second problem is text on several apps look blurry ( My laptop has 1920x1080 Full HD,  i'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ), i have changed the DPI settings fro Personalize --> Display _-> Set to 125%, it's ok now but my desktop looks small ( well, at least it's for me ), i don't have a problem with it, but since my sister will use this lappy and she wears glasses, it would be pain for her to face this one. Is there any workaround to get "normal look" of the desktop ?

look to Windows\Minidump or try find .dmp files if you find upload somewhere

• Administrator

As for the text, you need to check the settings for Cleartype on your computer.

Control Panel > Fonts > Adjust Cleartype Text.

Select the ones you find most suitable to.

On 2/8/2016 at 5:34 AM, DKT27 said:

As for the text, you need to check the settings for Cleartype on your computer.

Control Panel > Fonts > Adjust Cleartype Text.

Select the ones you find most suitable to.

It doesn't really help mate, i see some text still showing small but thanks for this anyway... I search on google only Windows 7 could solve this blurry text. So i tried to install Windows 7 in my new laptop but there's one big problem. The laptop couldn't read any single USB port ! This laptop doesn't contain DVD-RW, so i tried to put my Ext DVD-RW to install the driver from DVD but Windows 7 didn't want to read it.

It happens only with Windows 7, i have tried Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 Version 1511 both works fine to install the drivers. 

On 2/8/2016 at 11:35 PM, kasper said:

look to Windows\Minidump or try find .dmp files if you find upload somewhere

Hi kasper, thanks.. but it seems like the problem has been resolved, i upgraded my Nvidia driver with latest version, no BSOD so far. I have no idea everytime i bought new laptop i always get BSOD for the first time :s lol.

• Administrator

I see.

Do the USB port need any drivers or so. :P

Archived