2 New Monitors (gaming) needing some help

Sonar

Anyone help with 2 new monitors that is mainly going to be used with xbox ones.

google search bought this one up: BenQ RL2755HM

are they worth the money or is there any better around the same price?

@DKT27  any help :) (didn't want to hi-jack another thread)

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm surprised to see myself being considered an atleast something in monitors. :P

Eitherway, TFTCentral is considered to be one of the best when it comes to monitor reviews. It looks like they have one. I suggest you read it fully.

Things to look out for in gaming what I personally think is response time. 4ms is just GTG, color is far more. However, with overdrive enabled, it performs quite nice. However, they are complaining about input lag, which, to say the truth I have no expertise in, but it seems that it's as important as response time. On a console with multiplayer games, I do not know if this is the best.

Overall this seems a good monitor though.

I personally have Dell s2340L. Dell is considered to be one of the top in monitors - not that they make any panels though. :P My panel is made by LG. However, after a year of buying it's giving me a problem called image persistence. Also, it has a big overdrive problem which some may notice and some may not. However, I had no other option as I wanted a cheap, good IPS monitor which I got from it. It does come with 3 year warranty. Many people on the internet recommend Dell.

I suggest you look at as many monitors and monitor reviews as possible before deciding on any of them.

22 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I'm surprised to see myself being considered an atleast something in monitors. :P

Eitherway, TFTCentral is considered to be one of the best when it comes to monitor reviews. It looks like they have one. I suggest you read it fully.

Things to look out for in gaming what I personally think is response time. 4ms is just GTG, color is far more. However, with overdrive enabled, it performs quite nice. However, they are complaining about input lag, which, to say the truth I have no expertise in, but it seems that it's as important as response time. On a console with multiplayer games, I do not know if this is the best.

Overall this seems a good monitor though.

I personally have Dell s2340L. Dell is considered to be one of the top in monitors - not that they make any panels though. :P My panel is made by LG. However, after a year of buying it's giving me a problem called image persistence. Also, it has a big overdrive problem which some may notice and some may not. However, I had no other option as I wanted a cheap, good IPS monitor which I got from it. It does come with 3 year warranty. Many people on the internet recommend Dell.

I suggest you look at as many monitors and monitor reviews as possible before deciding on any of them.

thanks for the reply ! did see that one on reddit but then the guy went for the RL series, i aint got a clue but i guess any will do aslong as they are hdmi! :D

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Sonar said:

thanks for the reply ! did see that one on reddit but then the guy went for the RL series, i aint got a clue but i guess any will do aslong as they are hdmi! :D

Thing is, I cannot find monitor for you based on price as the prices due to taxes here are completely different. However, I do suggest you also search for ASUS, Dell, ViewSonic as they are considered quite good. There is far more in it when it comes to monitors, something I found out when buying one of them.

21 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I personally have Dell s2340L. Dell is considered to be one of the top in monitors - not that they make any panels though. :P My panel is made by LG.

Dell no longer use LG Panels in their value Monitors, now mostly source from Chinese BOE Optoelctronics. The pricier UltraSharp uses LG panels though.

I opened my 5.5 years old dell monitor (22"), and found LG panel there, that don't developed a single dead pixel of of today. But, recently purchased dell monitor developed a dead pixel already, and I returned this due to many issues only after 1 month use. Finally got a new one 2 weeks after RMA. Horrible customer support indeed.

So, dell monitor is not recommended now due to use of cheap panel use. And, I'm regretting not purchase one from ASUS with a $50 higher than Dell's.

@Sonar , BenQ RL2755HM is made of TN (Twisted Nematic) LCD panel, therefore angular view will not be that great like IPS or VA panels (susceptible to color shift in different angles). But, 1ms refresh rate will be good for your gaming. IPS panel with refresh rate below 5ms is rare & too costly.

• Administrator
On 28/1/2016 at 6:29 PM, hawk007 said:

Dell no longer use LG Panels in their value Monitors, now mostly source from Chinese BOE Optoelctronics. The pricier UltraSharp uses LG panels though.

I opened my 5.5 years old dell monitor (22"), and found LG panel there, that don't developed a single dead pixel of of today. But, recently purchased dell monitor developed a dead pixel already, and I returned this due to many issues only after 1 month use. Finally got a new one 2 weeks after RMA. Horrible customer support indeed.

So, dell monitor is not recommended now due to use of cheap panel use. And, I'm regretting not purchase one from ASUS with a $50 higher than Dell's.

@Sonar , BenQ RL2755HM is made of TN (Twisted Nematic) LCD panel, therefore angular view will not be that great like IPS or VA panels (susceptible to color shift in different angles). But, 1ms refresh rate will be good for your gaming. IPS panel with refresh rate below 5ms is rare & too costly.

I see. Well, mine is made by LG. Atleast by TFTCentral.

I suggest everyone to look at that before buying them.

Personally, I strongly suggest against going to TN. After moving to IPS, I would never like to go back to TN. I'm fine with the high refresh rates, but TN vs IPS is just incomparable. The colors, the angles, the looks, they are just great in IPS I think.

• 2 months later...

Archived