MKV blu ray rip playback issue on i3

info999

• Replies 9
  • Views 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Witch players did you test ? What DX  Version and  what  windows are you on. 10bit  takes more processing power than 8 bit Hevc  ,

x264 is more  optimized for most computers than HEVC

HEVC  don't have HW alliteration for most computers  so a lot of them are running on pure processing power

4 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Witch players did you test ? What DX  Version and  what  windows are you on. 10bit  takes more processing power than 8 bit Hevc  ,

x264 is more  optimized for most computers than HEVC

HEVC  don't have HW alliteration for most computers  so a lot of them are running on pure processing power

GOM Player is what I used. Windows 7 32 bit. DX 11

3 minutes ago, info999 said:

GOM Player is what I used. Windows 7 32 bit. DX 11

yes  most likely  be better off  watching  8bit x265 because of you're using DX11 still  If you had windows 10  with dx 12 potplayer has a setting to optimize it but its only for dx12 

My Intel machine with windows  8.1   DX  11  don't handle  x265 10 bit  very well, but it plays 8 bit fine . My AMD  machine  with Linux mint  plays  x265 10bit OK  with AMD drivers . :)

3 minutes ago, steven36 said:

My Intel machine with windows  8.1   DX  11  don't handle  x265 10 bit  very well, but it plays 8 bit fine . My AMD  machine  with Linux mint  plays  x265 10bit OK  with AMD drivers . :)

I am fine with 8 bit, should not make much different for my small screen :D

1 hour ago, info999 said:

I am fine with 8 bit, should not make much different for my small screen :D

Baka MPlayer seems to work OK for me to play x265 10 bit 1080p  on  my Intel machine test it  and let me know if it works for  you too.

Download page

http://bakamplayer.u8sand.net/

1 hour ago, info999 said:

thanks, but still doesn't work :(

Its got to with your graphics  card  and cpu

this will  show you  in this test Power DVD and i7 processor  out preformed everything tested  and PowerDVD  preformed better in almost ever case  even much better than mpc

test using latest versions of various decoders and tools on 3 different CPU architecture systems using HEVC video files of 1080p and 2160p

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1717938#post1717938

1 minute ago, steven36 said:

Its got to with your graphics  card  and cpu

this will  show you  in this test Power DVD and i7 processor  out preformed everything tested  and PowerDVD  preformed better in almost ever case  even much better than mpc

test using latest versions of various decoders and tools on 3 different CPU architecture systems using HEVC video files of 1080p and 2160p

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1717938#post1717938

yeah, may be it's time to get a new laptop :D

Archived