Dell Inspiron 3521 with Mac OS X

compgen1534

Hi all, 

Okay so I'm looking around here and I'm trying to figure my way around how to get a working copy of Mac OS X El Capitan on my dell Inspiron 3521 laptop. 

I'm so confused and frustrated. I've looked through reddit, tonymacx86, hackintosh zone. etc, and there seems to be no real clear explanation as to how to make this possible on my machine. . 

My other question is... I have a copy of Windows 10 Enterprise currently installed on my machine. Is it possible to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OS X El Capitan?

And if so, how do I do that. 

Step by step instructions are greatly appreciated. This is my first time attempting this and I can't figure it out. 

Thanks so much! 

Cheers...

My System Specs:

Dell Inspiron 15 3521

Intel core i3 Processor

400 GB SSD 

6 gigs of ram 

• Replies 5
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OS X El Capitan? YES

Installing an OS X to non-apple computer based is a little bit tricky, there's no guarantee it will work flawlessly on your machine. If this is the first time for you, maybe you should try to use a single boot ( only an OS X or Windows ). insanelymac is good place to ask this topic.

22 minutes ago, software182 said:

Is it possible to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OS X El Capitan? YES

Installing an OS X to non-apple computer based is a little bit tricky, there's no guarantee it will work flawlessly on your machine. If this is the first time for you, maybe you should try to use a single boot ( only an OS X or Windows ). insanelymac is good place to ask this topic.

What he said! ;)

I wouldn't give up on tonymacx86 just yet. Post a question there!

There are a lot of downsides of having it installed as a main OS. There are a lot of things which aren't compatible. You can, for sure, use it in a virtual box, it's easier.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply here. 

Anyways thanks guys for your help! 

Yea. I did manage to find a VMware Image and it works here.

Just needed it for xcode so I could sideload some apps :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived