StartIsBack++ 1.2

jalaffa

StartIsBack is a great way to relieve your (and your users) Windows 8 pain. StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. Boot to desktop; Original fully-featured Windows 7 start menu; Desktop and Modern interfaces clearly separated; Make Start screen clutter-free; Totally native; Rich customization and configuration; And More to come! Think of it as a transition path which Microsoft should have made for Windows 8. StartIsBack+ is the all-new version of StartIsBack for Windows 8.1. It's a FREE upgrade for all StartIsBack users. With Windows 10 StartIsBack++ is your pick.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 7
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Stig said:

Cool new features...

Really?  why I dont see any changes?, installed on 2 PCs.. and all looks like previous version:blink:

2 hours ago, palmpre3 said:

isn't start back in Windows 8.1 and 10? why this app is still needed?

The most difficult thing is to get rid of old habits.

The Windows 10 start menu has vastly improved over Windows 8.1, but there are still some power features that aren't as readily accessible as they were in Windows 7.

But, the Win-X Menu is very handy, but it doesn't have as much as I would like, and StartIsBack and other third party start menu alternatives probably fill that void for many.

The other option is to tweak the Win-X Menu to suit your needs by using the simple tool Win X Menu Editor.

I add the full Administrative Tools menu to the Win-X Menu, plus other useful tools.

Archived