Tor Browser 5.0.5

jalaffa

Tor is a toolset for a wide range of organizations and people that want to improve their safety and security on the Internet. Using Tor can help you anonymize web browsing and publishing, instant messaging, IRC, SSH, and other applications that use the TCP protocol. Tor also provides a platform on which software developers can build new applications with built-in anonymity, safety, and privacy features. The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.

Thanks to Siddharta for the update.

Download

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like this. It is used by the makers of several ramson viruses, like cryptowall and about 5 other clones...

I know it's not Tor's fault, but still...very bad publicity. What I mean is I don't like tools that can be used to commit this kind of crimes.

Any of you ever been infected by ransomware?? It's a nightmare if you don't have a backup.

2 hours ago, jvidal said:

I don't like this. It is used by the makers of several ramson viruses, like cryptowall and about 5 other clones...

I know it's not Tor's fault, but still...very bad publicity. What I mean is I don't like tools that can be used to commit this kind of crimes.

Any of you ever been infected by ransomware?? It's a nightmare if you don't have a backup.

Tor is Open source, you can check the source for ransomware yourself if that's true what you're saying.

I don't know if you guys have seen a PC infected by ransomware of the cryptowall or cryptolocker family.

The criminals leave messages in every folder they've infected with instructions on how to recover your encrypted files.

THE FIRST line is "get Tor browser"...

That's why I don't like this. It can be used by criminals to extort money form people.

6 hours ago, jvidal said:

Nope  never been infected  by it . Are you talking about  TOX ?

https://blogs.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/meet-tox-ransomware-for-the-rest-of-us/

It uses tor , but it don't use tor browser . Maybe it was was invented by the government to get tor shut down .

You said it, it is not Tor's fault.

Before Tor, the criminals had their own ways of obfuscating their source locations. These guys deal in BIG BUCKS. They can still do it without Tor.

11 hours ago, jvidal said:

Yeah, but still. I won't use a product used by criminals to hide their activities...

Hackers use VPNs  as well  to do big DDOSS attacks  does this mean i should not protect my privacy  ?  People sell drugs  but if i don't take the ones the Doctor gives me i could die . Drunk Drivers use Cars  and kills people  if i don't drive i wont be able go no were. The point is anything can be used for evil  or it can used for good just as easy.

13 hours ago, jvidal said:

Yeah, but still. I won't use a product used by criminals to hide their activities...

so i take it you don't use sunglasses, or caps, hoods, parkas, ponchos...wait, houses, cars, trains, roads, bridges...deep breath.

so... yeah..

2U5F0lb.jpg

Archived