Going to buy a 2-in-1 hybrid laptop this week

rudrax

I am going to order THIS 2-in-1 hybrid laptop this week. This is a Lenovo Yoga variant, the Yoga 300 80m1003win.

It is packed with latest 6th gen. Pentium N3700 CPU, 4GB DDR3L 1600 MHz RAM, 500+8 GB HDD+SSD, Windows 10 Home x64. The graphics department is handled by Intel HD graphics 8th gen (latest of the lineup).

I will be browsing the web, playing HD videos, listening to a few tracks and may be a bit of small arcade gaming. I think, it should not disappoint me.

What do you guys think? Can I get any better 2-in-1 hybrid under tight 30K (Indian) budget?

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if u wanna 2 buy laptop for

browsing the web, playing HD videos, listening to a few tracks and may be a bit of small arcade gaming

only it's little bit expensive model but for some serious tasks -it's too weak &  display is too small.

before spend money  in your case i would be  check  some laptops with  previous generation CPU but with Core I3 (at least ) & bigger display's size.

as an example

just in case

all above imo as usual.

50 minutes ago, gipsy said:

if u wanna 2 buy laptop for

only it's little bit expensive model but for some serious tasks -it's too weak &  display is too small.

before spend money  in your case i would be  check  some laptops with  previous generation CPU but with Core I3 (at least ) & bigger display's size.

as an example

just in case

all above imo as usual.

Thanks for the head up :) 

The screen size is OK for me. Actually I am no longer a fan of big displays in laptops. I will never go beyond 10.1-13.3 inch for a laptop.

As for serious tasks, I think I won't be serious beyond Pentium N3700's limit :P and I am pretty sure about that. 

Those two models you have suggested are pretty good and obviously better than what I opted to buy but unfortunately, those are off my budget limit :(

2 minutes ago, rudrax said:

Those two models you have suggested are pretty good and obviously better than what I opted to buy but unfortunately, those are off my budget limit :(

whats wrong with the budget? 67 INR r equal 1 USD ryt? price is 31000 INR-462 USD(approx),ryt?

u612kirwhkyj.jpg

am i wrong?

8 minutes ago, gipsy said:

whats wrong with the budget? 67 INR r equal 1 USD ryt? price is 31000 INR-462 USD(approx),ryt?

u612kirwhkyj.jpg

am i wrong?

You are absolutely right but when these things comes to India, due to excessive taxes, price becomes high. The same costs @ 41K lowest in India. 

You are absolutely right but when these things comes to India, due to excessive taxes, price becomes high. The same costs @ 41K lowest in India

i see.damn taxes.:D anyway do not rush to spend money before Christmas sales in China;)

1 hour ago, rudrax said:

You are absolutely right but when these things comes to India, due to excessive taxes, price becomes high. The same costs @ 41K lowest in India. 

PLUS, it's never you get the same specs of the same product in India vs. U.S. and other first countries. Above all, most of the time, the product won't be available here.

1 hour ago, Rok said:

PLUS, it's never you get the same specs of the same product in India vs. U.S. and other first countries. Above all, most of the time, the product won't be available here.

don't know what situation in India is but in Ukraine we hv same model (i'm too lazy for find one with same HDD)

z71pi1n6u52h.jpg

• Administrator

I must mention though, I expect the prices of imported things like tech stuff to cut significantly if GST bill in the Indian Parliament is passed. Right now we are paying about 33-40% in taxes of imported things, that will all become 18%. Now only if some people would stop this total nonsense and let this bill pass. I'm waiting for this bill for years now. Have had to pay so much more money because of it.

Here's my recommendation. Get the model without the SSD. Then put in the SSD yourself and use it as a boot drive.

You will thank me for it.

A question. Say a friend of mine bought it in US and brought to India with him in his laptop bag alongwith his laptop. Is it allowed or will they take tax or some other alternative

It boils down to whether they check or not, and whether your friend can convince the customs officers that the friend is bringing the stuff for his own use only.

But I have heard that only one laptop is allowed which one carries through customs. Have asked friends who have gone to US and also Europe. I think one has to experiment with bringing two laptops in one bag. See what happens. But only if you are willing to take a chance

I bought an HP Envy X360 15.6 inch with i7, 12GB 3DDR, 1TB HDD.  It is a good system.  I had a Yoga at work, i7, 8GB, 256GB SSD, and found it to be not that great.  Particularly the tablet mode when trying to use One Note.  We had a lot of problems with the Yoga and these were the high end business models not the cheap plastic cased consumer models.

I have carried as many as three laptops when traveling abroad and I have never had a problem. 

9 hours ago, gipsy said:

don't know what situation in India is but in Ukraine we hv same model (i'm too lazy for find one with same HDD)

z71pi1n6u52h.jpg

Currently all available HP Pavilion x360 in India vatiants are way out of my range. 

8 hours ago, vibranium said:

Here's my recommendation. Get the model without the SSD. Then put in the SSD yourself and use it as a boot drive.

You will thank me for it.

I remember suggesting exact same recommendation to a laptop buying guide seeker in nsane :lol:

8 hours ago, straycat19 said:

I bought an HP Envy X360 15.6 inch with i7, 12GB 3DDR, 1TB HDD.  It is a good system.  I had a Yoga at work, i7, 8GB, 256GB SSD, and found it to be not that great.  Particularly the tablet mode when trying to use One Note.  We had a lot of problems with the Yoga and these were the high end business models not the cheap plastic cased consumer models.

I have carried as many as three laptops when traveling abroad and I have never had a problem. 

I hope the latest yoga series has improved. 

3 hours ago, rudrax said:

I remember suggesting exact same recommendation to a laptop buying guide seeker in nsane :lol:

I hope the latest yoga series has improved. 

A)  Follow your own advice !!  :lol:

B) Yoga2 was way better than Yoga for sure. The model you are looking at may be another step up. I suggest you do some research to find out what hardware (and connectors) are on the inside.

Placed the order today. But it did cost me 1000 bucks extra as the previously shortlisted one went out of stock. Bad luck :(

Received the delivery of Asus zenfone 2 Laser and Lenovo a2010 smartphones today for my bro and father. 

:tehe: Not actually.

I sold my old laptop, been saving rest of the money for 3 months for the new one.

Bro sold his old phone and papa gave him rest of the money.

Papa sold his old phone and funded the rest for the new one himself.

We are a tightly managed family as far as economy is concerned. Can't imagine a luxury yet. 

Archived