When I try to login to youtube on my tablet.I get this message

mrkool123

Usually i browse youtube on my tablet via the chrome browser, but suddenly when I try to I get this message set screen unlock pin or password before you can use credential storage.Its all of a sudden this is happening.

• Replies 2
  • Views 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not uncommon.  Here is the fix.

1. Go to your Settings and then add a PATTERN lock. It will also then ask you to enter a PIN afterwards as well.
2. Reboot your tablet and then when the lock screen appears, input the wrong pattern intentionally 5 times.
3. Afterwards sign in with your Google account information. DO NOT TRY THE 'PIN' YOU CREATED EARLIER!
4. Now DIRECTLY after signing in, go straight to Youtube (or whatever other thing is giving you the credential storage password popup)
5. Then it will ask you to create a password/pin to use VPN/Firefox/etc..., do this.

You will not get the popup anymore.

14 hours ago, straycat19 said:

This is not uncommon.  Here is the fix.

1. Go to your Settings and then add a PATTERN lock. It will also then ask you to enter a PIN afterwards as well.
2. Reboot your tablet and then when the lock screen appears, input the wrong pattern intentionally 5 times.
3. Afterwards sign in with your Google account information. DO NOT TRY THE 'PIN' YOU CREATED EARLIER!
4. Now DIRECTLY after signing in, go straight to Youtube (or whatever other thing is giving you the credential storage password popup)
5. Then it will ask you to create a password/pin to use VPN/Firefox/etc..., do this.

You will not get the popup anymore.

I am not on a vpn network though and it loads without that problem on firefox.is this still normal?It just suddenly start happening.

Archived