laptop (parts upgrade)

Sonar

Download Inssider version 3.1.2.1, you can open it and analyze all of the wireless in your area... that is around where you are.. you can move your channel to a location which has less interference.. it could improve your signal.. sometimes the application will tell you that should move it to such and such channel... but in a lot of cases it is because of the number of channels you overlap.. so the place with the weakest and lowest number of signals present...

If the download link doesn't work you should be able to find that version ( the last one with Home Edition )... in several of the usual suspect places.. :)

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok the Intel one arrived and seems to work fine connecting to the 5ghz option, did an update to the driver through device manager. I don't see any slow boot-up.

now the speed is only showing 300, its an improvement over the last one that shown something like 54.

not to sure if this intel chip can get to the 800+ speed you mention.

edit

cant find any BCM943532 on google that will ship to my address most are over seas.

Intel here works 833.5 same as the Broadcom speeds. Just doesn't like my Lenovo PCIe wiring I guess for booting.

I've had complete luck with deliveries from China, but it takes 2 weeks to a month. I'm in usa and most small computer parts come regular china post to usa mail delivery... customs doesn't seem to grab small bubble envelop things for duty/tax here.

Was given a TP-Link C3200 for testing here.. that thing works flawless except with a usb flash drive for storage. Asus, I have one of their 802.11aN routers .. its nice but drops 5ghz band about weekly needing a power cycle to get it going... its almost overloaded loaded with configuration settings - If you like to tinker :) Supplier sold those for $15 usd refurbished .. they had too many returns probably because its overabundance of settings let users get themselves into trouble.

• 1 month later...

just a quick update I managed to get the AC version of the superhub from virgin media & now the adapter status shows 8.66.7 Mbps on this intle wifi chip.

Archived