laptop (parts upgrade)

Sonar

help with memory and wirelass card upgrade :)

Acer Aspire E-571 53234G7Mnks

Memory installed

Nanya Technology

4GB

PC3-10700 (667 mhz)

Part: NT4GC64B8HG0NS-GG

Wireless lan installed: Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 Wireless Network Adapter

I think this can be changed but not to sure which one to buy, I just want to be able to use the 5ghz band. the card inside the laptop at the moment can only use the 2.4ghz band. from reading google some people say acer disable other wifi cards?

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only part easy to upgrade is the Memory. The wireless card is "Inbuilt " onto the main board. Plugin WiFi, is trial and error

Sorry,,I forgot your is E1,,mine is E5, Depends if you can find a Card what suits your needs

The only part easy to upgrade is the Memory. The wireless card is "Inbuilt " onto the main board. Plugin WiFi, is trial and error

Sorry,,I forgot your is E1,,mine is E5, Depends if you can find a Card what suits your needs

no it can be replaced (search google " Intel wireless card laptop " )

u totally wrong man.it's easy to upgrade.look below-it's typical notebook's wi-fi module.

Wifi-upgrade-NYC.png

@Sonar

if u wanna add some speed to your wi-fi connection-just buy quality USB wi-fi module at least N standard.

check this one as an example

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-11_Archer-T2UH.html

about RAM read here.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/253671-laptop-ram-upgrade/

don't forget about tuning of your connection ;)

dzbznjgj7b9g.jpg

8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3-12800 Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.35V CT3351992
  • DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL=11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V •
  • upgrade for Acer Aspire E1-571 system.

i did the crucial scan and got the above, i guess to save me time messing around looking for another brand ill think about buying the crucial.

now someone mentioned a usb wifi dongle, would you recommend that over replacing the main chip? its only 3 screws, and most of the wifi chips i see on google are not high priced.

what speed u gettin' from your provider in Mb/s?

150-200 down 15 up

my laptop using the 2.4 maxes at around 50 down. (tried most router settings to improve but i guess 2.4 wont go that high?) wired has no problems.

5ghz compatible mobile phones get the full 150-200

4806612282.png

u totally wrong man.it's easy to upgrade.look below-it's typical notebook's wi-fi module.
Wifi-upgrade-NYC.png
@Sonar

if u wanna add some speed to your wi-fi connection-just buy quality USB wi-fi module at least N standard.

about RAM read here.

dzbznjgj7b9g.jpg

This one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D0AF3TA

what speed u gettin' from your provider in Mb/s?

150-200 down 15 up

my laptop using the 2.4 maxes at around 50 down. (tried most router settings to improve but i guess 2.4 wont go that high?) wired has no problems.

5ghz compatible mobile phones get the full 150-200

4806612282.png

any built-in notebook's wi-fi module is locked at 70 Mb/s man,so USB one is only one way to get almost all speed u gettin'.believe me.

Wifi-upgrade-NYC.png

@Sonar

about RAM read here.

dzbznjgj7b9g.jpg

d'u hv USB 3.0? if u hv-this one could be.

btw. what's wrong with LAN connection thru wi-fi router in your case,it's fastest way ever(& stable)?

Wifi-upgrade-NYC.png

@Sonar

about RAM read here.

dzbznjgj7b9g.jpg

d'u hv USB 3.0? if u hv-this one could be.

btw. what's wrong with LAN connection thru wi-fi router in your case,it's fastest way ever(& stable)?

good job i didn't go out and buy that, i think all my 3 ports are 2.0, i cant see anything that says 3.0 in device manager.

i would cable it haha but the router is 7 foot off the ground and with 4 kids running around a cable isn't a good idea :D

TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600 USB Wireless Dual Band Adapter

I guess this little thing is a step down and users 2.0

4 kids

u rock man!

about cable-it's good idea but u'll should spend some time to "smart" (antikid's) wiring.it worth.

USB 3.0 is blue colored :D

about TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600-just call to your local TP-Link support & ask there what speed it could give ya with your 150 Mb/s.U'll be sure before spent a money,agree?

4 kids

u rock man!

about cable-it's good idea but u'll should spend some time to "smart" (antikid's) wiring.it worth.

USB 3.0 is blue colored :D

about TP-LINK Archer T2U AC600-just call to your local TP-Link support & ask there what speed it could give ya with your 150 Mb/s.U'll be sure before spent a money,agree?

the 3 ports i have are all black, i guess all 3 are 2.0.

I have a lenovo g505s sat here with 2 blue ports, ill give the ac1200 a try and if it performs well around the house ill get the ac600 for acer.

the 3 ports i have are all black, i guess all 3 are 2.0.

all your Acer USB ports r 2.0,checked.

I recently upgraded mine for that reason...BUT I wound up with Bluetooth too...

When you take the card out it will have a row of PINS all the way across.. I went from a RealTEK 8188EE to Intel 3160.. I think I should have looked for a better one though.. One thing that I was worried about was the one I had was 1 x 1 with only one antenna wire connection.. there were others which would get twice that speed.. but were 2 x 2..always shown with two antenna attached.

The Bluetooth capability sux.. and I have tried everything to get it to work I had to reinstall my Bluetooth Dongle and use it so I could use my mouse.. Everything else worked except the main thing I have it for..

I needed to be able to analyze my 5 GHz bands from my router and extender.. and connect to them as well.. it does the trick well enough..

After you get your card I would check it with Inssider 3.1.2.1.. ( old free version but does the trick ).. on mine I think I could have found something better but the card was cheap..

I recently upgraded mine for that reason...BUT I wound up with Bluetooth too...

When you take the card out it will have a row of PINS all the way across.. I went from a RealTEK 8188EE to Intel 3160.. I think I should have looked for a better one though.. One thing that I was worried about was the one I had was 1 x 1 with only one antenna wire connection.. there were others which would get twice that speed.. but were 2 x 2..always shown with two antenna attached.

The Bluetooth capability sux.. and I have tried everything to get it to work I had to reinstall my Bluetooth Dongle and use it so I could use my mouse.. Everything else worked except the main thing I have it for..

I needed to be able to analyze my 5 GHz bands from my router and extender.. and connect to them as well.. it does the trick well enough..

After you get your card I would check it with Inssider 3.1.2.1.. ( old free version but does the trick ).. on mine I think I could have found something better but the card was cheap..

not to sure if the pins are all the way across or they have a break in them, but looking at the photo of the chip it does have a break in it.

I did find a post on amazon of a wifi chip that adds 5ghz, it was around 10£ to buy - i just cant find that google post no more :(

the wifi card is shown here: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+Aspire+E1-571+-+HDD+-+RAM+Memory+-+WiFi+card+Replacement/27779

for me to be 100% its the same as that card ide have to open it up again, but i believe it has a break in it like that

just opened the back, the wifi card does infact look like the one mentioned on that post

it does say 2 aux and 1 main - if that makes any difference, and does have 2 wires that are connected

I like the Alfa USB wireless adapters, particularly the AWUS036H 1Watt with the 5 and 9 db rubber antennas and the 7db panel antenna. I use them for access point spoofing in public places and war driving using the Alfa window mount. You can also connect a Cantenna on it to pull in distant wireless signals. I set one up on a tripod by the swimming pool this summer and was pulling home wireless signals from over 2 blocks away. This antenna is also compatible with a majority of the Wifi software from Acrylic, Wireshark, and others. Next choice would be a NetGear A6200 if you can find one. Doesn't come close to the range of the Alfa but is compatible with the same Wifi software.

googled that netgear seems its got good reviews all over the place, found this link http://bit.ly/1n4mZm5(Tested: We push six 802.11ac Wi-Fi USB adapters to the limit) it mentions that netgear.

there is an updated version of that netgear: NETGEAR A6210-100PES AC1200 802.11AC Dual Band (300 Mbps / 867 Mbps) High Gain Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adapter

good reviews & usb 3.0 & 2.0 compatible sounds good news!

You don't want a usb Wi-Fi adapter no matter what speed it says if you are going to plug it into a usb 2.0 port. Most you would see is probably 30mbit network speed no matter what the link speed says & the wattage is minimal so range is limited severly..

I don't know Acer or if they whitelist brands.. but that pic shows the Half Mini-PCIe wifi adapter so you really only have two choices...

Broadcom BCM4352 it comes in various numbers but that basic 4352 number is a 2x2:2 card and maybe $25 on amazon, and make sure it says AC there are some straight N cards. Broadcom by the way is what most AC Wi-Fi routers will have for its card.

Intel AC7260 is the other 2x2:2 card available. Is cheaper than Broadcom... usually $20

Both mostly will have bluetooth but if the laptop design is older than probably 3 yrs .. the bluetooth wont work because the card slot doesn't have the usb pin wired that the blue tooth needs. Bluetooth is USB. Don't buy a card marked specific for Lenovo or some other manufacturer as likely one or more of the pins is not default location and takes forever to figure out which one to cut.

If your shopping for Wi-Fi access point you want AC1900 to get the full benefit of the AC 5gz speeds. They'll be 2.4ghz/600mbit and 5ghz/1300mbit links and lucky to run half that in real life network speeds. Keep in mind that the 5ghz band drops off fast with distance.. doesn't penetrate walls well either. You probably find at distance you get faster network speeds on 2.4ghz channels.

You don't want a usb Wi-Fi adapter no matter what speed it says if you are going to plug it into a usb 2.0 port. Most you would see is probably 30mbit network speed no matter what the link speed says & the wattage is minimal so range is limited severly..

I don't know Acer or if they whitelist brands.. but that pic shows the Half Mini-PCIe wifi adapter so you really only have two choices...

Broadcom BCM4352 it comes in various numbers but that basic 4352 number is a 2x2:2 card and maybe $25 on amazon, and make sure it says AC there are some straight N cards. Broadcom by the way is what most AC Wi-Fi routers will have for its card.

Intel AC7260 is the other 2x2:2 card available. Is cheaper than Broadcom... usually $20

Both mostly will have bluetooth but if the laptop design is older than probably 3 yrs .. the bluetooth wont work because the card slot doesn't have the usb pin wired that the blue tooth needs. Bluetooth is USB. Don't buy a card marked specific for Lenovo or some other manufacturer as likely one or more of the pins is not default location and takes forever to figure out which one to cut.

If your shopping for Wi-Fi access point you want AC1900 to get the full benefit of the AC 5gz speeds. They'll be 2.4ghz/600mbit and 5ghz/1300mbit links and lucky to run half that in real life network speeds. Keep in mind that the 5ghz band drops off fast with distance.. doesn't penetrate walls well either. You probably find at distance you get faster network speeds on 2.4ghz channels.

This one?

Intel 7260.HMWWBR - Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 - Network adapter - PCI Express Half Mini Card - 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE

I cant find the exact match for the other one, but i guess this one is an updated version?

AzureWave AW-CE123H / 802.11ac/n/b/g + Bluetooth 4.0 / Half-Size PCI-Express MiniCard

Yah also here... BCM94352

I have that card and its also saying on it the CE-123H number. its always saying the 866.50 link speed but it resets every now and then so about a minute pause .. mostly don't notice it but sometimes... ... Blame the resets on win10 constant push/pulling info's. Lots of win10 users complaining dropped connections on all wifi.

I have the Intel too but it slows my boot down too much and I haven't messed with it to figure out which pins needs blanking off to stop that.

Yah also here... BCM94352

I have that card and its also saying on it the CE-123H number. its always saying the 866.50 link speed but it resets every now and then so about a minute pause .. mostly don't notice it but sometimes... ... Blame the resets on win10 constant push/pulling info's. Lots of win10 users complaining dropped connections on all wifi.

I have the Intel too but it slows my boot down too much and I haven't messed with it to figure out which pins needs blanking off to stop that.

Ok the Intel one arrived and seems to work fine connecting to the 5ghz option, did an update to the driver through device manager. I don't see any slow boot-up.

now the speed is only showing 300, its an improvement over the last one that shown something like 54.

not to sure if this intel chip can get to the 800+ speed you mention.

4815095014.pngYRIRLxX.png

edit

cant find any BCM943532 on google that will ship to my address most are over seas.

You got the 2 x 2 version of the one I ordered.. Connect to a network location... another PC or something.. NAS is good you have one... make sure it is connected via LAN.. then copy a file to or from... ( a video file is nice usually because it is one file.. the more file the more drops in speed you will have.. but the file doesn't have to be as big... ) You will see difference in speed there... ( Hopefully the WiFi on your router is good..each one of my five 5GHz channels are good for about 1300 Mbps each. My three 2.4 GHz is good for 600 Mbps output from my routers...

My unlimited bandwidth ( via network or intranet ) bounces between 6 and 7 MB/s and I get 10-11 MB/s using LAN.... ( would be nice to have a 10/100/1000 card.. )

The speed listed on the status window is 433.3 Mbps for 5GHz, 150.0 for 2.4 GHz...

May go through and look at the Properties for the card and go to configure to see if there are options that need to be adjusted so that the card works well.. There were quite a few on mine as well.. and there were some recommendations for setting both of these cards settings online for best performance...

my properties settings seem to match everything on google on default for the adapter.

now i got to find out which channel is better for 5ghz as at the moment its set to auto.

Virgin Media Super Hub 2(not the ac version) so I probs wont see the 800+ speed? upgrading after xmas to: Asus RT-AC3200

edit

I guess the auto perfoamce at channel 100-104 is ok from reading google. ok im done playing for a while, gives you an headache lol.

Archived