qBittorrent 3.2.5

jalaffa

qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4. The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Its main features are its integrated search engine (allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion), its support for l'UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like "ipfilter.dat" or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain) prioritizing, remote control through a secure Web User Interface.

Thanks to teodor12 for the update.

Download

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
qBittorrent 3.2.5 Portable:

Extract the setup file of qBittorrent to a folder using an extractor (e.g. 7-Zip)! Thats it.

(Start using it double click on the file 'qbittorrent.exe'!)

Extract the setup file of qBittorrent to a folder using an extractor (e.g. 7-Zip)! Thats it.

Let's try it... :unsure:

I wish qBittorrent had a professional scheduler like uTorrent. That's important to stop seed/leeching at some time periods

Just because you can extract and run something doesn't make it portable. Read: What is a portable app?

qBittorrent is not natively portable as it leaves its settings in the system (%APPDATA%\qBittorrent and %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent).

There is a portable version by PortableApps.com and also by Fuken (PortableWares).

Just because you can extract and run something doesn't make it portable. Read: What is a portable app?

qBittorrent is not natively portable as it leaves its settings in the system (%APPDATA%\qBittorrent and %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent).

Thank you, I've read a lot more about portable, than those written in the link you provided above...

This information is an urban legend: :)

* If a program can be used as portable, it is a portable program;
* A portable program created extracting the setup file is no different from the portable program created in other ways. For example:
- First use the portable qBittorrent, which created by PortableApps.com downloading a file with 'torrent' extention and exit qBittorrent;
- Now, click on a magnet link on the internet and watch what's going on!..

Thank you, I've read a lot more about portable, than those written in the link you provided above...

This information is an urban legend: :)

* If a program can be used as portable, it is a portable program;
* A portable program created extracting the setup file is no different from the portable program created in other ways. For example:
- First use the portable qBittorrent, which created by PortableApps.com downloading a file with 'torrent' extention and exit qBittorrent;
- Now, click on a magnet link on the internet and watch what's going on!..

Hmmm.. you don't seem to have the means to understand what you read.. well, whatever, but I will try to address your misconceptions:

1. That qBittorrent leaves it's settings in %APPDATA% is fact, not "urban legend" ( :mellow: not gonna comment on that); It's something that's determined by qBittorrent, not by me. Read their FAQ: Where does qBittorrent save its settings?

2. You seem to think that if you can extract a setup file and run the app, that makes it a portable. To each his own but I just want to point out that to the rest of the knowledgeable world, "portable" means the ability to carry your app in a flash drive from pc to pc without losing your personal settings (or at the very least, keep your settings in the same folder as the app). A true portable app would not leave behind trash in the files system or registry when you exit it.

3. Clicking a magnet link work wouldn't work unless u associated it with qBittorrent; u shouldn't do that because it will leave trash behind. If u want, u have to associate it with qBittorentPortable.exe; that way it will clean up everything properly when it exits (i.e. move settings and registry keys to qBittorrentPortable folder).

Your statement that extracted setup files equals PortableApps.com portable is nothing but ignorance; pls go back and do your homework.

Some apps are light and natively portable (NOT qBittorrent); they don't need any further modification. If all apps were developed this way, it would be the best but it's not so. See http://www.portablefreeware.com. It details how some apps can be extracted and be made relatively portable. Note that they list qBittorrentPortable and not qBittorrent.

Peace out.

Hmmm.. you don't seem to have the means to understand what you read.. well, whatever, but I will try to address your misconceptions:

1. That qBittorrent leaves it's settings in %APPDATA% is fact, not "urban legend" ( :mellow: not gonna comment on that); It's something that's determined by qBittorrent, not by me. Read their FAQ: Where does qBittorrent save its settings?

2. You seem to think that if you can extract a setup file and run the app, that makes it a portable. To each his own but I just want to point out that to the rest of the knowledgeable world, "portable" means the ability to carry your app in a flash drive from pc to pc without losing your personal settings (or at the very least, keep your settings in the same folder as the app). A true portable app would not leave behind trash in the files system or registry when you exit it.

3. Clicking a magnet link work wouldn't work unless u associated it with qBittorrent; u shouldn't do that because it will leave trash behind. If u want, u have to associate it with qBittorentPortable.exe; that way it will clean up everything properly when it exits (i.e. move settings and registry keys to qBittorrentPortable folder).

Your statement that extracted setup files equals PortableApps.com portable is nothing but ignorance; pls go back and do your homework.

Some apps are light and natively portable (NOT qBittorrent); they don't need any further modification. If all apps were developed this way, it would be the best but it's not so. See http://www.portablefreeware.com. It details how some apps can be extracted and be made relatively portable. Note that they list qBittorrentPortable and not qBittorrent.

Peace out.

My English is bad; therefore, I wrote short and concise above, while giving you the answer. Thus, lest any confusion and you can understand the subject better... However, I noticed that when I read your last post, your ability to understand is unfortunately very low… Whatever, now I will try to explain you, adding a few words to earlier. Read carefully and try to understand!..

I) First of all, the portable qBittorrent creation method by extracting its setup file contents does not belong me;

2) This method is known and used for years by many people (included myself). For example, you can read MalwareTips Forum Administrator's topic called "Make qBittorrent Portable (Do It Yourself) Apr 3, 2013" clicking the link below:

https://malwaretips.com/threads/make-qbittorrent-portable-do-it-yourself.14979/

3) Meaning of the Word ‘portable’ is: transportable, movable, mobile, itinerant etc...

4) It is also a portable software, if you can use it extracting its setup file contents without installation;

5) There is no difference between a portable program, which created extracting its setup file contents and another program, which created using any other method. So, both programs is also portable.

2. You seem to think that if you can extract a setup file and run the app, that makes it a portable...3. Clicking a magnet link work wouldn't work unless u associated it with qBittorrent; u shouldn't do that because it will leave trash behind...

6) Between you and me: Unfortunately, you are very ‘ignorant’… My advice to you: read some books about computers and software!.. It’s very well, you are a member of Nsane forum, which have many world-famous member (for example 'CODYQX4'); try to take advantage of they... In addition: surf the Internet; visit other technical sites and forums!.. Thus, try to improve yourself!..

Some apps are light and natively portable (NOT qBittorrent); they don't need any further modification...

7) Why ‘NOT qBittorrent’? This information is written in which scientific resources? If you have not enough knowledge about a topic, do not make pedantic about it!

As a result:

- The news and information you gave above is a urban legend and 'ignorantly'. Therefore, you need to work very well to your lessons; 'go back and do your homework.'

- A friend who knowledgeable about operating systems told me the following: “It is edible the folder ‘%APPDATA%’ and ‘The trash that have been left behind in the files system or registry’; You can eat these things when you're hungry. Thus, the system also is cleaned ”. (I eat sometimes; I recommend also to you…)

Peace out!

Right? I would not recommend to you. War is bad; it is even worse if you are not strong, because you always lose...

Archived